Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 06:18:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [10.2] Can't ram broken bots.  (Read 1374 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
[10.2] Can't ram broken bots.
« on: March 07, 2021, 09:49:55 AM »

I triggered a infested ambush trap array and wanted to take cover from the assembled behind a door. The only bot between me and the door was a broken S-27 virus from the ambush trap. First, i pressed a directional input to try to ram it. That just made me take a few shots by trying to rewire. Next i pressed ctrl + shift + directional input to force melee. That did absolutely nothing, as if my input didn't register.

Since disabled bots can be interacted with as well, i theorize the same is true for them.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [10.2] Can't ram broken bots.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 04:15:50 PM »

The way to ram a broken bot is indeed to force ram them, only possible with the keyboard as a rare exception. If your input didn't even register then you must've entered it incorrectly somehow, or made some other mistake. (Note that you cannot use vi keys to force ram, because that overlaps with part interaction commands. That will indeed simply not register if you don't yet have parts matching those letters. You have to use another movement key in that scenario.) When you attempt to force ram, it'll give you the normal ram warning, and a second one will ram the broken bot.

Ramming broken bots was indeed originally not possible, but this feature was added several versions back.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 10:02:48 AM »

Sorry about that, it seems i have mixed up Shift and Alt.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 02:26:18 PM »

No problem, though it might've been something like that :P. Glad you got it sorted.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon