Grid Sage Forums

• May 21, 2024, 12:13:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: New log entry sound repeats when opening the menu  (Read 945 times)

Ghost73

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
New log entry sound repeats when opening the menu
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:55:54 AM »

Consistently, if you open the menu while the sound for a new log entry is playing, the sound will repeat until the menu is closed.

Easiest way to reproduce it is to immediately open the menu as soon as you pick up any part, but it will happen for any new entry to the log.

Probably has to do with the new entry effect not being done when you open the menu since it pauses the effect.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: New log entry sound repeats when opening the menu
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:07:18 AM »

Ah, someone's finally discovered and reported this :)

I've known about it for a while, but there's no elegant in-system workaround due to how the scripting, animation, and sound systems are integrated. The animation continues looping the sound until it's complete, and the animation can't complete until you leave the menu.

Thanks, and I'll see if I can find a simpler way to solve it. I think it may work to just cut all audio before the transition--just have to make sure that won't screw up anything else...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Ghost73

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: New log entry sound repeats when opening the menu
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:27:14 AM »

I kinda figured it was a bug that you would stumble across eventually after playing enough, but I thought I would report it anyways ;) Glad to help!