Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 07:00:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 11.2] (spoilers) Fast attaching a specific item causes it to stay on map  (Read 645 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

Attaching a Transdimensional Reconstructor that's on the ground causes you to teleport, but the Transdimensional Reconstructor remains on the map, since that part of the map wasn't updated after the item was used. (It was the high-power version in my case.)
It's not something that's very important or annoying (especially not in the context where i noticed this happening), but it's a thing.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 03:22:35 AM by R-26 Lightspeed »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

So I think what you mean here is that it's not the item which remains on the map, but the map record of it? If so then yeah that's normal behavior--there was no time spent there after your turn (which wasn't even completed there), so it is not updated.

Logically speaking you could say it should be removed, but that's not how the map memory updating works, and it can sometimes still contain items that through various means you might technically have meta knowledge indicating that they no longer exist, or were moved somehow.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon