Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 09:31:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 11.2] A -1 Garrison is technically disconnected from the rest of the map  (Read 627 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

Beta 11.2
Seed : EnergyPortableLog

To the right/east of the exit to Command, there's a part of the map (with a garrison) that doesn't have a valid path to any other part of the map, except the hacker's entrance to Command.
I guess technically they could open all the sealed doors to let squads pass through, but that seems incredibly inefficient.

While there is a common wall between that part of the map and another, there's no emergency access door on that wall (can those even appear if there's a large terminal on one side of the wall?).
When i broke through that wall, the extermination squad (and maybe an assault squad?) that had been going for me for a while finally begun chasing me now that there was a valid path.

No screenshot because it didn't occur to me back then that that map generation might've been a bug, sorry!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Thanks for the seed, and yeah I see what you mean there, although this is technically not disallowed.

There doesn't always have to be a valid direct path from a separate map section like that (it's valid as long as it's accessible through some means, which it is). Just consider yourself lucky (or unlucky!) as the case may be.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon