Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 10:14:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 11.2] (spoilers) Map knowledge source wipes item location knowledge  (Read 792 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

I recently destroyed a broken Main.C, and when i got Main.C's Data Core (which is a thing, apparently), my knowledge of part locations was wiped, including for the item finder.
This is really annoying, since there's no way to tell which places you've revisited since acquiring the Data Core, meaning you could easily miss out on some useful item you'd previously seen but wasn't in need of then.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 11.2] (spoilers) Map knowledge source wipes item location knowledge
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 08:58:42 PM »

Yeah this was done on purpose because it erases and replaces your entire map record data with a fresh version, in order to show you all the terrain, but if there are items then you wouldn't be able to see the terrain. It's done as a single process that doesn't care about your original knowledge.

I'll have to think about whether or not to change it when replacing the process with something more involved, but the next release is already scheduled to update the contents of that data core, so it'll be looked at then (for example it also doesn't yet reveal hidden doors, I don't think).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon