Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 01:52:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 11.2] (spoilers) Quantum Router can be heard without audio log presence  (Read 708 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

While in Command, i noticed i was hearing a machine while the audio log wasn't displaying anything.
In the attached screenshot, the Quantum Router (the machine i was hearing) is the machine center-left.

When i got closer to it, the audio log finally picked it up.
It seems that i can hear the machine from farther away than the audio log thinks i can.
I added map notes in the attached screenshot for how far i could hear it from and where the audio log first picks it up.
Seed in case it's useful : EnergyPortableLog

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Yeah this is normal behavior, and can happen with many machines in many situations. You can read more about how Audio Log behavior in that section of the manual. One of the basic behaviors you're probably seeing in this case is the fact that it doesn't list machines below 10% of their max volume. It is technically possible to hear things that don't appear there, especially with machines that have certain audio propagation behavior, or when you're playing with your system volume turned up higher.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon