Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 06:49:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 11.2] (spoilers) Prototype armor didn't count towards "Best States" score  (Read 639 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile

The first time i equipped the SHELL Armor i had, it was an unrecognized prototype.
The next scoresheet dump i did (see first attachment) had the "Best States" Armor Coverage score at 600, which was clearly not from the SHELL Armor (it was from an Imp. Heavy Armor Plating i equipped somewhere in the caves).

The second time i equipped it, the score went to 900 like it should have the first time. The second attachment is the next scoresheet dump i did a few turns after equipping the SHELL armor for the second time.

At some point i was second-guessing myself and wondered if i wasn't somehow misremembering, but i realized that i had to have equipped it, since otherwise i would've had my Exp. Utility Shielding equipped instead when going for the SGEMP, which would've protected me from the blast critical that destroyed my Exp. Signal Interpreter.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

This isn't related to prototype armor or anything, it's just a side effect of the fact that Best States are not recorded every turn. They are only recorded occasionally, since it's a whole bunch of extra calculations and not really vital stats to maintain constantly, just a snapshot. So you'll notice if you attach something and do a stat dump (or the run ends soon for some reason) the values that changed recently wouldn't be reflected.

(The build type system works similarly, although for slightly different reasons: because people are frequently swapping parts in and out, and we don't want the build categorization to potentially be swinging back and forth all over the place, so it doesn't even record anything until a build has reached a "stable" state, defined as not having attached or swapped any parts at all for a given period.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon