Grid Sage Forums

• May 21, 2024, 01:07:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Stop enemies jumping around.  (Read 1572 times)

wad67

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Stop enemies jumping around.
« on: May 23, 2015, 04:38:40 AM »

I find it really difficult to keep track of enemies. If a bot is faster than you it can be really difficult to track, could we have them animated or something? Projectile animations seem to be factored in nicely, so I can't imagine it would be too hard to iterate through every tile on a path and ensure that the robot is seen on every tile.
Essentially

Say an enemy scout moves six tiles, while you are firing a volley or something.
Rather than have the scout simply jump to it's destination, calculate if the bot can move during the current frame and then have it move to the next tile.

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Stop enemies jumping around.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 05:30:04 AM »

I know this is a concern that others have mentioned before.  Kyzrati has mentioned that the engine does not support animated movement, but is considering adding movement trails to track faster enemies.  There's nothing worse than a Recyler taking that awesome weapon you've just found to then be unsure which corner he raced around.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Stop enemies jumping around.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »

Yep, the first attempt to address this will involve optional and tweakable fading movement trails. I'm not sure if they'll be in the next release, but soon because they're pretty easy to do.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon