• May 16, 2024, 01:56:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weekly Seed #19 [Alpha 4b] [Seed: Happy Miner]  (Read 7369 times)

karlnp

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
  • autosurgery enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Seed #19 [Alpha 4b] [Seed: Happy Miner]
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 03:22:46 AM »

@karlnp : When you say caves, do you mean mines? Typically, if you see a bunch of med matter storage units and mining lasers around the staircase, then you can safely assume that the staircase will take you to mines. Also, you drop stuff from your inventory by press Alt + (inventory id). So, if you want to drop the first inventory item, press Alt + 1. I don't think you can drop the parts that are attached you directly. I am not sure, though.
Huh, I could swear that I'd tried that.

Oh, perhaps I meant mines, but I meant where branches appear in general - aside from garrisons, which I think are red, is there any way to tell if it's a branch or a main area behind a staircase?  I'm assuming not.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 03:30:39 AM »

Oh, perhaps I meant mines, but I meant where branches appear in general - aside from garrisons, which I think are red, is there any way to tell if it's a branch or a main area behind a staircase?  I'm assuming not.
Not until you know where it leads, in which case they will show as a different ASCII/tile. Branches show a door instead of stairs, and in ASCII mode the standard '<' up stairs switches to '>'.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

karlnp

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
  • autosurgery enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2015, 03:35:04 AM »

Cool. Lots to discover in this game. It's a fun feeling.

Decker

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »

Thanks for the answers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm hoping to use the simulator to show that many combat utitilies have a negligible effect overall.

Also, I formally file a complaint against this prototype. A +400 delay on this is like putting mustard on a chocolate bar.  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »

HA! We should have a spoiler forum with restricted access to winners only! Improved incentives perhaps?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2015, 08:34:34 PM »

Hm, that's an interesting idea. I don't think I'd want to fracture the small community at this early point, though technically 90% of the regular posters have won the game... (Of course, there are a number of regular lurkers as well, people who'd just rather not post.)

There was discussion of a dedicated spoilers board before, but not a ton of support for it. And I don't really like the idea much myself, since it can combine lots of different topics into the same board, things that could normally be split into Ideas, Strategies, General, etc. (That's referring to it as an open board, though, not some kind of area restricted to "elite Cogminds" :D. That might work as and when Complex 0b10 gets easier. I believe we'll have yet more new winners in Alpha 5... on that note, it's about time jimmijamjams actually won!)

Maybe one day there will be need for these things. Perhaps when the community is larger? It would be nice to not have to bother spoiler tagging so much stuff :)

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2015, 08:51:55 PM »

I was just kidding. I honestly wouldn't mind such a forum if it meant not bothering with spoiler tags all the time, but I agree that the community is far too small to make this a worthwhile idea.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2015, 09:04:02 PM »

Everyone is certainly being quite responsible with spoiler tags, that's for sure ;D

I do think it's a possibility for one day, though!

@Decker: Both Rocket Arrays are getting a buff as we speak. I've been wanting to do that for a while, anyway, since I always pass them up when playing. They are fun to watch but relatively worthless.

Happylisk

• Sigix
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 2nd place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 2nd place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2015, 06:33:24 AM »

I'm sitting this one out since I watched K stream and saw where some of the Factory exits are.   Have to be an honest cogmind!  Really looking forward to Alpha 5 though. 
Pages: 1 [2]