Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 08:11:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 11] Visibly self-destructed weapon remained on map  (Read 1046 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
[Beta 11] Visibly self-destructed weapon remained on map
« on: May 06, 2022, 10:22:49 AM »

In the caves, i destroyed a 0b10 bot, and one of the parts (a weapon) fried while in my FoV, but was still visible on the map afterwards.
I think this is because i moved away and the part left my FoV while it was in the animation of self-destructing, and so it remained on the map similarly to how friendly traps can vary slightly in colour depending on what cycle of their animation they left you FoV on.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 11] Visibly self-destructed weapon remained on map
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 04:39:56 PM »

Yep this is just like that trap issue, and for the same reason.

Very interesting that you are hitting these when few others seem to be, though! I'll be the first to admit you're super observant, so if anyone noticed it would definitely be R-26 ;). But there are a bunch of other observant players as well, and I tend to notice details like this too, so I wonder what else might be different about your runs, maybe pacing? Settings?

Also I wonder if something else has changed in recent releases (in particular Beta 11) with regard to processing, since this stuff didn't come up before. Maybe with time we'll see some more clues and find some other simple cause, although I have been under the impression this is just coincidence that they're found now, since there have been no changes to that area of the code. (Not necessarily super surprising anyway, since some new players have discovered issues that were literally in the game since the first version, yet no one had reported at all in all these years!)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 04:10:50 AM »

Yep this is just like that trap issue, and for the same reason.
I was wondering whether those were related.

Very interesting that you are hitting these when few others seem to be, though! I'll be the first to admit you're super observant, so if anyone noticed it would definitely be R-26 ;). But there are a bunch of other observant players as well, and I tend to notice details like this too, so I wonder what else might be different about your runs, maybe pacing? Settings?
While good memory and observation are useful in finding these, i think i also have some kind of (semi-intuitive?) understanding/theories about how some things were/could have been made/programmed, which doesn't seem to be a common thing and can help in finding bugs, and also i use the mouse.
I think the mouse is probably one of, if not the determining factor, since the mouse allows moving/acting faster than keyboard for certain situations, like right after shooting, as well as changes the way one inputs other actions.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 05:43:02 AM »

Hm, wonder if faster mouse movement would be related, but I dunno because related cases I've seen are, for example, stepping in and out of a room quickly, for example, which is actually faster via keyboard than mouse.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon