Cogmind > Ideas

Challenge Modes

<< < (3/16) > >>

Kyzrati:
All can be used immediately (I don't see any real reason to gate access like that). For now they're not going to be accessible from within an in-game menu, though--you have to set them in the config. I wouldn't want to implement a menu until there are more of them and we know how they'll all work (and interact with one another), to avoid wasting effort on something that might change later.

Kyzrati:
I've edited in a new batch of challenges to the OP. Check them out and keep adding any ideas to the thread and they might get picked up some day :)

Wer6:
XOM mode
(Or Chaos, something like that if you don't want to infringe on DCSS)
Absolutely everything is random.

Random items of all ratings appearing everywhere, an assassin digging out rooms with a gun, a recycler squad dispatched to investigate player activities...

Each bot would have different roles than normal. Crushers in place of recyclers? Alien Artifact stock pile? Anything goes!

The AI could react to different things differently. Send in death squads and increase alert level to max for things that are normally mundane.
Sounds chaotic.

zxc:
Collapse: Slowly, all of the complex is collapsing. Hallways, rooms, everything. You might suffer impact damage at any moment, or get trapped.

Another, similar one: Every time you evolve, you suffer an EMP which wipes out 20% of your items (including your inventory).

DDarkray:
Here are some more new Ideas:

Part Deterioration: Cogmind has a strange reaction with other parts. As a result, all of your parts take 1 damage per turn while they are equipped.

Edit: I'm starting to realize that this kind of challenge can be too difficult to do, especially since it's anti-processor, so I want to propose the following idea: 1) The deterioration rate occurs only 50% chance per turn. 2) Or the deterioration occurs only on X number of randomly selected items per turn, where X is based on the number of floors ascended. 3) Or the deterioration occurs only on propulsion parts, since it's universally important for all builds.

Slow Recovery: Cogmind finds little rest while ascending each floor. Everytime you ascend, you recover only 25% of your core health. Corruption is only partially removed, reducing by only half of its total percentage.

Unstable Reaction: Cogmind has a major bug in its system. Everytime you attach a part, there's 50% chance you'll gain 1% corruption.

Enhanced Extermination: The central AI is highly aware of Cogmind's presence and capability, and will relentlessly pursue to exterminate it. Whenever you're not being tracked by an enemy, the central AI will dispatch a random squad against you with perfect tracking. Fast robots like programmers and swarmers are preferred to take down fast-moving Cogmind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version