Grid Sage Forums

• May 10, 2024, 01:39:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 12] crash after swapping equipped weapons  (Read 2002 times)

Wilfeymon

• Unaware
    • View Profile
[Beta 12] crash after swapping equipped weapons
« on: June 13, 2023, 12:43:31 PM »

I apologize if my report is not clear in places as I only have 7-ish hours in this game.

I tried swapping a Precision Assault Rifle with a Heavy Assault Cannon, both already equipped and not in my inventory, just as the subject says I dragged the Heavy Assault Cannon on top of the Precision Assault Rifle, and the game crashed, I attached both the crash log and my latest save, it was an autosave

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 12] crash after swapping equipped weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 06:55:02 PM »

Hi Wilfeymon, thanks so much for the report and detailed information, this was perfect. This issue was newly introduced in Beta 12 due to some Beta 13 prep code that was merged in there before its time, and was discovered and fixed a couple months ago but not yet released. It's among the fixed bugs list in the sticky (although can't blame anyone for not reading the whole thing :P).

There are some new special slot behaviors coming in Beta 13, and they were not yet fully playtested but some of that code was released along with Beta 12 anyway since I figured it would be harmless... Clearly not xD

It doesn't usually happen, only in a very specific orientation, but for now will just have to be careful when trying to swap/manually move anything regarding multislot weapons (specifically weapons--this doesn't even impact other part types as far as I recall).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon