Grid Sage Forums

• May 09, 2024, 03:55:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Derelict escape achievement oversight(?) [Beta 9.2]  (Read 2569 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
Derelict escape achievement oversight(?) [Beta 9.2]
« on: May 30, 2021, 09:59:41 AM »

It only occurs to me now that maybe you're not intended to get the "Derelict Escape" achievement if you imprinted but then went to deep caves like i did.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Derelict escape achievement oversight(?) [Beta 9.2]
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 06:15:27 PM »

Yup, good find, that's not intended! It only checks whether you imprinted, but not the other conditions that could revoke your status like that :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

R-26 Lightspeed

• Sigix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 10:06:52 AM »

I remembered something else : on that same run, i met Warlord who acted as if i was "the zionite chosen one".

By the way, i would suggest adding something to Warlord's "imprinted" dialogue to clarify
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 08:32:49 PM »

I remembered something else : on that same run, i met Warlord who acted as if i was "the zionite chosen one".
Yeah that's intended. Once you were imprinted it still affects your system permanently and other bots can tell. We can say that news traveled fast, but anything after that has not necessarily reached other areas yet.

At least that's the potential logical side; the gameplay balance side is that you aren't allowed to double up on the potential benefits there.

By the way, i would suggest adding something to Warlord's "imprinted" dialogue to clarify
I don't think there's really a good way to add that information in there. It would feel out of place when he doesn't really care much for you in that case--no reason to divulge extra details.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon