Grid Sage Forums

• May 02, 2024, 10:49:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Level intel data shouldn't reveal the location.  (Read 452 times)

S0ZDATEL

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Level intel data shouldn't reveal the location.
« on: November 06, 2021, 02:55:39 AM »

After collecting some derelict logs in the mines, I went to the next level and that's what I saw in the log:
LOCATION=UNKNOWN
GOAL=ESCAPE
Loading Materials stockpile data (x3)...
Does anything seem off to you? Why am I loading Materials stockpile data if I don't know my location? Even if I open my map, it shows me that the location is unknown. Later I interacted with a machine, and it said "Current location identified: Materials". What's going on with it? Do I know the location or not?
So, my idea is, make level intel data acquired on previous level only become available once the played Identify the level, by interacting with a machine or learning where the exit leads by any means. Not a bug, and not annoying, just seems off...

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Level intel data shouldn't reveal the location.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 04:49:35 AM »

This is true, but from a gameplay standpoint I don't think it's really necessary to separate the two, at least not a priority. This is the kind of thing which complicates the process (which is normally pretty simple and straightforward in terms of "enter map -> apply collected intel") and only happens much later in development, if ever.

Thing is, if you look closely enough at various aspects, there is definitely a list of other such things, but most are not really worth the investment.

So yes, maybe it'll happen one day and it's on the ideas list, but that list also has thousand of things on it to pick from when it comes time to do stuff :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon