Grid Sage Forums

• May 02, 2024, 04:34:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: First dramatic meeting with [REDACTED] (Attention: Extended end-game SPOILERS!)  (Read 2381 times)

Laida

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile

This was the first time when I dared to fly to the end of the horrible heavily-guarded corridor with unpowered Warlords at -1/Command.
I had very good wings which allowed me to reach spead more than 1000% when overloaded. And so, I overloaded them and raced like lightning through the guards and rushed further into the unknown. They barely had time to spot me and make two or three shoots and very soon they were very far behind! Then, I slightly slowed down and proceed to the seriously looking doors.
And behind this doors main.c itself met me!

It made a speech, in which it said that it created me. I slightly cheered up. May be, this means that we can reach an agreement and live in peace? But, of course, then it said that it will kill me because there was too much sigix in me (even despite I didn't have a sigix pod, or exoskeleton, or core reset). I wanted to argue or, at least, to ask, what all this means or why main.c and all it's yellow robots hated me so much all the way?! But Cogmind couldn't argue, couldn't ask, couldn't talk at all, as always...
Main.c became hostile (attached pic n.1) and battle began.

I suspected that I will meet something frightful in the main area of Command, and was prepared correspondingly: brought Sigix Terminator from Quarantine with me. So, I attached Sigix Terminator and tried to choose position where I can use it without damage myself, but this was impossible in this small place. I went backward, but many angry bots went from there, and also doors closed and covered main.c from my vision. So, I made a step into doors again and fired into main.c with Sigix Terminator, even if it was painfull!
Surprisingly, main.c didn't die and fired at me with all it's weapons! But I was VERY prepared (as I naively thought) and had the plan B - the SECOND Sigix Terminator, which I duplicated with duplicating artifact. So, I attached it and fired again!
Great robot was destroyed. But... turned out that it wasn't actually main.c itself, but only main.c's shell... and main.c itself was still alive and had a big enough integrity (pic n.2)
I was really shocked at this point. Really, really, really shocked!

The only possibility I saw was to flee away. But this also wasn't possible by case of my awfully naked state and horde of robots in the corridor. They very quickly lowered my core integrity, as you can see at pic.3. I understood that I'm dying.
Why? - I wanted to ask. - For what?.. I looked at the angry robot tiles and didn't find the answer. I made last step toward them and heard dozens shots at once. Then all zeros and ones in my eyes became red and then - black.

I died.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 05:48:46 PM by Kyzrati »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Haha that's awesome, nuked him twice on your first visit xD

(Note I've modified the thread title since the fact that there even is a direct confrontation with MAIN.C at all is a spoiler.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

lsend

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile

Funny. My first serious attempts to take out that guy were similar - ST, then double ST, unfortunately to no luck. It takes a bit more preparation to be successful but if you pull it off its very satisfactory. I still can't do it reliably, though.
Did you consider joining us on discord? We are definitely having more discussions there than on forum.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Dammit, lsend, I've been enjoying having a few players regularly using the forums again so people on the outside can see discussion does happen around Cogmind ;) (though I admit yeah there's a zillion times as much talk on Discord :P)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon