Grid Sage Forums

• May 13, 2024, 05:18:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Best way to split/share a $60 Improved Tier package 3-way?  (Read 1232 times)

CharonX

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Best way to split/share a $60 Improved Tier package 3-way?
« on: January 11, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »

Well, as the title says I'm trying to find a good way (following the advice on the buy page :) ) to split/share the Improved Tier package with 2 others.
My personal friends are unfortunately not that much intrested in the game (I'm the odd 'indie gamer' in our group, they don't appreciate Dwarf Fortress either... pah! :p) so I'll have to look a bit farther.
Any good advice on where to find like minded people, and how to best set up the transaction (the other two paypal their share to the third?)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Best way to split/share a $60 Improved Tier package 3-way?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 06:42:32 PM »

Hey CharonX, thanks for the interest :)

Friends are certainly the easiest way, though a majority of those splitting the second tier are finding each other in online communities, wherever they happen to hang out and share an interest in roguelikes. I've seen many such groups form on various forums, and in each case one person buys it and the other two repay them either via PayPal, or sometimes using other methods like gifting Steam credit or some other game on Steam. Then of course there are the generous backers who are just buying the Improved Tier and handing out the other codes for free ;D

The forums here aren't a great place for this, because pretty much everyone here already has it :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Draco18s

• Cyborg
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 10:19:49 PM »

Post on Bay12.  I'm sure someone there might be interested.  ;)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 10:37:59 PM »

Agreed, that's a good one with no doubt lots more people just waiting around to pick up Cogmind eventually. The main thing is it's hard to just drop into a new community and expect them to trust a stranger when it comes to money (of course if CharonX is already a member then this wouldn't be a problem).

I could suggest a bunch of forums I hang out on with interested folks, but it would be odd... (In fact, there are two people on Rogue Temple who've been looking for a third.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

CharonX

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 11:12:46 AM »

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to see if I can find my old Bay12 account again, haven't been posting there in a while, maybe I'll be in luck :)