Grid Sage Forums

• May 11, 2024, 07:06:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Bug with some terminal code (spoilers)  (Read 1345 times)

Laida

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Bug with some terminal code (spoilers)
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:51:39 AM »

Hi. In the current game I went to Zion, then - to Data Miner and then - to Warlord. Data miner gave me code "\\3xhf" for the Warlord stash. In some previous games I received this kind of codes from him, and them worked properly.
In this game I couldn't enter this code, or any other code, beggining with "\\", to the Warlord's terminal. When I entered "\\" in Warlord's terminal, I couldn't enter any more symbol. But when I deleted one of "\", I could enter symbols. And when I added second "\" again, I couldn't enter any more symbol again! Also, as you can see, I haven't this code in the list of knowing codes.
I restarted the game, but nothing changed.

I don't know, what exactly caused this bug, but maybe this facts are somewhat related to it:
- I have russian and english keyboard layout. The ONLY reason in the previous games, when I couldn't enter symbols to the terminals, was about using russian keyboard layout. When I changed it to english, all worked. I didn't have any issues with changing keyboard layout in the game, and all worked properly previously. Of course, this time I was sure to use english keyboard layout.
- Once I killed Data Miner and once attacked but not killed in some previous games. In this game I didn't abuse him in any way. But all previous times when I entered his code were before I abused him the first time. This is the only thing certainly changed  ;D ;D ;D It is funny to think that he is still resentful in the some bugy way  ;D
- This time I'm playing with random seed. So almost certainly previous games were with other seeds. I don't know if some seeds can cause this kind of problems. It is looking not very believable, but I just don't know.
- I'm auto-updating game every time. But I don't remeber if I played more old version all the times when Data Miner's code worked well, or not.
- This time I skipped Data Miner's speech. I don't remeber if I did this when his codes worked. There is the possibility that I didn't do it that times.

Laida

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Re: Bug with some terminal code (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 01:26:50 PM »

UPD: I died and learned seed for this game at the scoresheet: VisualCoolingInitializer

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 05:45:16 PM »

Hm, based on what I know I don't think there's a bug here, probably something to do with lore or one of your previous actions. It would otherwise be in the list. (Funny to think he's mad at you from a previous run, though :P)

In any case, I'll remember this if anyone else reports an oddity, though this was added years ago and has been accessed on many runs since... In an situation like this, if you'd kept your .sav file I could look at it for clues as to what you might've done, but I'm guessing you don't have that now? (Basically any time you think you've found something that might be a bug but aren't sure how to repeat it, the save might hold clues...)

UPD: I died and learned seed for this game at the scoresheet: VisualCoolingInitializer
Note that you can get the seed for your current game without dying--it's in the run.log file (ctrl-f "seed") :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Laida

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 12:13:47 AM »

I have the same issue again. There is the save.
This time I killed Data Miner.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 03:57:26 AM »

Again no bug here--this is normal behavior. (You interfaced with the DC...)

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 04:48:50 AM »

Again no bug here--this is normal behavior. (You interfaced with the DC...)

I am currently in a run where I destroyed DM, interfaced with the DC and the code for Warlord's stash was in the menu and still opened the door fine.

If it's not in the menu it sounds like Laida may be attacking DM before getting the code from DM's terminals.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 05:42:16 AM »

Actually I saw Laida's log and they did get the code before attacking, so it does seem kinda weird in that case... I looked and couldn't find any code/scripts related to removing the code once it's obtained (although I'd assumed there might should be some somewhere...), though it's odd that this would only happen to Laida, and not any of the others who use the stash. Wonder if Laida's doing something else?

lsend

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 07:21:53 AM »

I believe you're not allowed to enter any letters after \\
Only hotkeys work.

Also try if you can select the code with mouse.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 03:55:46 AM »

Oh whoops you know what, I think I made the same mistake Laida did here :P (mainly because I don't normally use this code when I play)

Remember that Data Miner does not give you the code for the stash, you have to retrieve it yourself from the terminal. The code that's given to you directly in the dialogue is for something else :). You can get two separate codes when visiting, so don't mix them up and don't forget to retrieve the second one if you might want it...

(To reiterate, no bug here.)

Laida

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 12:22:04 PM »

Oh whoops you know what, I think I made the same mistake Laida did here :P (mainly because I don't normally use this code when I play)

Remember that Data Miner does not give you the code for the stash, you have to retrieve it yourself from the terminal. The code that's given to you directly in the dialogue is for something else :). You can get two separate codes when visiting, so don't mix them up and don't forget to retrieve the second one if you might want it...

(To reiterate, no bug here.)
Oh, there were two codes... and yes, it seems like I mixed them up. Thanks for explanation  ::)  :D