Grid Sage Forums

• May 03, 2024, 12:42:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Red X with Signal interpreter used with sensor array  (Read 1740 times)

Gobbopathe

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Red X with Signal interpreter used with sensor array
« on: August 21, 2015, 07:25:02 AM »

Hi

I have read this post : http://www.gridsagegames.com/blog/2014/11/information-warfare/
but I just would need a confirmation since I am not sure about my eyes acuity : with the very first level of signal interpreter, which only gives you indication on the size of the robot outside of your FOV, I see only red X. How do I differentiate between a small, a large, a medium, a tiny... robot outside of my FOV ? Is the red X bigger or smaller according to the size ? I can't see very well the difference, but as I said maybe my eyes are not as good as before

Thanks

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Red X with Signal interpreter used with sensor array
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:40:07 AM »

You need an Imp. Signal Interpreter before you get different sizes, and even then there will only be two sizes: a small 'x' for anything Medium and below, and a large 'X' for anything Large and above. The difference in glyph should be fairly obvious, since there are only two degrees (the difference between lower case and upper case if you're using ASCII, and similar for the sprites).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Gobbopathe

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 07:45:11 AM »

Thanks for your quick answer, but then I guess I miss something : is there any interest at all in the first level signal interpreter ? With a sensor array alone I can read red question marks where a robot stands out of my POV. If with the first level signal interpreter I have red X instead, all of the same size, what is the interest ?

Edit : the description of both items I found :

Signal interpreter : Robot scan signals differentiate between object sizes.
Imp. signal interpreter : Robot scan signals accurately reflect target size and class, and are unaffected by system corruption.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:47:57 AM by Gobbopathe »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 07:59:41 AM »

Oh right. It's been a long while since I bothered using scanners myself, oops =p

Did my previous information still help, then?

Even more specifically, if you're wondering about why you're not seeing size differences, there is only one large robot towards the beginning of the game: Sentries. Check the difference between them and other robots on your scanner and I think you'll see it.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Gobbopathe

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 08:11:59 AM »

Good to know, thanks a lot