Grid Sage Forums

• May 04, 2024, 10:34:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [SPOILER] Missing code dude in Z  (Read 717 times)

Hippasus

• Unaware
    • View Profile
[SPOILER] Missing code dude in Z
« on: November 10, 2018, 10:35:22 PM »

I finally decided to unveil the mysteries of [REDACTED] by using those special codes in Z. I've done it before but pitifully unprepared, so this time I built my cogmind with this in mind getting lots of [REDACTED] to deal with all those damn [REDACTED].

The thing is the dude with the required codes was totally missing from Z! I wasted a few thousand turns wandering around in vain trying to find him but eventually gave up on the whole idea and left. It's been a while since I've done a Z run (I've been trying out hacking builds lately and felt the attrition in the caves wasn't worth it knowing that I wouldn't get [REDACTED] there) but as far as I recall the codes were always available in every run I've visited Z.

So the question... Is it possible that the codes in this run where just simply unavailable in Z due to RNG? Or did I miss something? Or is this a possible bug? It was a little disappointing spending my run carefully preparing to face all those damn [REDACTED] but having no way to access it.

I'm still not finished with my run but can supply the map seed when I do if that helps.

I'm asking because I'm not sure I'd bother trying specifically for that goal again if the codes aren't a sure thing...

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [SPOILER] Missing code dude in Z
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 12:56:53 AM »

No bug. There are a number of different ways to get through the doors, with the codes just being one of them, though no they're not always available, so you may have to use other tactics :)

If you really want to you can just replay a previous seed that you recall has the codes, but technically there are always ways to get in.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon