Grid Sage Forums

• May 15, 2024, 08:07:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Rewire failure? Inaccurate Power Display? Rows of doors...  (Read 1858 times)

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
Rewire failure? Inaccurate Power Display? Rows of doors...
« on: June 01, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »

-when an ally I shut down by a reactor explosion they cannot be re-activated by rewiring. they continue o swap places when cogmind moves into them.

-sometimes power continues to be gerated  when you should be losing it due to supply deficit.

-this

yes those are doors, and they work.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Rewire failure? Inaccurate Power Display? Rows of doors...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 08:33:36 PM »

Thanks for the reports, though please remember to make separate threads for individual bugs, and follow the reporting guidelines in titling those threads!

-when an ally I shut down by a reactor explosion they cannot be re-activated by rewiring. they continue o swap places when cogmind moves into them.
With a save game I could look at the internal data and see what's causing this (save and exit while it's happening and upload/send me the /user/save.bin). Rewiring should normally work under this circumstance so something else must've happened. Maybe you succeeded but it didn't restart? And then as an ally it started swapping with you? Not sure.

-sometimes power continues to be gerated  when you should be losing it due to supply deficit.
I'll need more information to determine whether this is a bug or not. A save file would be good. It could be a slight error in the display value--it might not always be perfectly accurate depending on what's going on.

yes those are doors, and they work.
Hm, that's a weird one! It would be easier to find and solve this once I fix the seeding system next build, so anyone who sees it can report their seed (which appears in their score sheet at the end), and allow me to regenerate the offending map and find out why. If not I could eventually set up an in-game test to search for generations that can produce this result.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »

I haven't found the cause of the "rows of doors" issue, nor seen it anywhere else, but now that the seeding system is fixed, if you or someone else can provide me with a seed and/or saved game file that includes this problem I could more easily track it down. According to my automated tests it must be quite rare, and isn't a huge problem, anyway.

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 11:37:08 PM »

I think the rows of doors happened during repairs after a fire fight involving explosives. might be wrong though.....

it did however make me think that double doors might be a good feature for them game later,

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 11:38:14 PM »

There's a unique location on one of the Factory floors with a legit triple-door entrance. You should definitely go in, lots of goodies. Always fun to find!

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 12:34:12 AM »

There's a unique location on one of the Factory floors with a legit triple-door entrance. You should definitely go in, lots of goodies. Always fun to find!

Oh the goodies!  Don't even think twice, just go straight in there :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 02:02:57 AM »

I think the rows of doors happened during repairs after a fire fight involving explosives. might be wrong though.....

it did however make me think that double doors might be a good feature for them game later,
Yeah, my guess was that it happened due to repairs, not the map generation itself (which will make this even harder to track). Thanks for confirming.

Just wait until those stairs work :D