Grid Sage Forums

• May 13, 2024, 12:33:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Bonus/Negative Stats Not Displaying Next to Stats Window  (Read 943 times)

CaptainKraft

• Unaware
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015 (Advanced Tier!!!)
    • View Profile
Bonus/Negative Stats Not Displaying Next to Stats Window
« on: September 01, 2015, 06:53:52 PM »

When left-clicking an item, the status window will pop up and show the name, type, slot, etc... without a problem. However, the bonuses and negative stats that normally show to the left of the window do not show unless you click a different kind of item, then click back to the original item. Also, sometimes the extended window border will display, but no numbers will be displayed under the same circumstances as above.

I'm running Alpha 3 in Arch Linux 64bit with Wine.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Bonus/Negative Stats Not Displaying Next to Stats Window
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 07:04:53 PM »

This is normal as per current behavior. It only compares to the previous open item, when switching directly from another item while the window is open. If you close the window and re-open it, it will not immediately compare. (Part of the reason for this is I think the comparison pop-out, which was tacked on to the UI design later, doesn't look very good in the bigger layout picture.) Note: I'm considering allowing comparison of items even after the window is closed, but only during the same turn.

Circumstances where the box appears empty are possible as well, since in some cases there is nothing to compare. For example if you select two identical items, or one item does not have any stat types that both overlap with another and have different values from the first item.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon