Grid Sage Forums

• May 12, 2024, 11:14:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 9.6] Item info can't close with Esc  (Read 957 times)

alice_fexa

• Unaware
    • View Profile
[Beta 9.6] Item info can't close with Esc
« on: April 20, 2020, 12:27:57 AM »

It maybe related to confirmed bugs : [Beta 2.1] Unable to exit from item gallery info (rare, unrepeatable)

Preparation:You must have at least one parts schematics and at least one parts in slot or inventory.

How to bug
1:Press "s" to open status info and then press Shift-a~z to open item info. You probably have status info and item info open at the same time.
   Here you can also use the mouse.(e.g. press "s"key and RMB any your parts, RMB cogmind and press Shift-a~z, etc)
2:Press "p" to open parts schematic window. At this point, the Esc is no longer functioning.
   This operation must be done with the keyboard(if you use mouse, the item info is close normally)
3:Moreover, select your schematics and open item info with keyboard or mouse, the first item info you open is closed but the Esc is still non functional.

Item Info will no longer be able to be closed in any way, so you will have no choice but to exit Cogmind.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 9.6] Item info can't close with Esc
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 02:30:57 AM »

Hey alice_fexa, thanks for the detailed report!

So weird because I feel like this has already been reported and I already fixed it before, but I can find absolutely no record of either of those things happening, and it indeed is ("still?") an issue. Huh. Must've been something similar, even though I can't find a record of similar stuff, either...

3:Moreover, select your schematics and open item info with keyboard or mouse, the first item info you open is closed but the Esc is still non functional.
This one in particular though I can't repeat. Maybe there's just confusion because of the many orders and methods you can use to open and close things? Escape seems to always function normally regardless of using keyboard or mouse to interact with one or more schematics, both during and after. The issue seems to only happen if there's a part info window already open when the schematics list is opened.

In any case, yeah the cause here is that when the schematics list is first opened, it should actually close a currently open part info window, but apparently it's only doing that for mouse interaction with the schematics button, rather than also the key. Oops.

Item Info will no longer be able to be closed in any way, so you will have no choice but to exit Cogmind.
I haven't been able to actually lock it out completely like this, however. It seems you can get the game to figure out what's up by using the mouse to select schematic info and then use the close buttons to get it back to a normal state again.

Anyway, I believe the real original bug here (not properly closing the window when using kb to open schematics list) has been found and fixed for next time.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon