Grid Sage Forums

• May 13, 2024, 06:48:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Controlling Allies w/Keyboard  (Read 1338 times)

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Controlling Allies w/Keyboard
« on: February 11, 2016, 11:50:25 AM »

I must be thick, but humor me.  I can't figure out how to issue allies orders with the keyboard.  I always have to switch to mouse mode and do it.

The instructions say:

0~5 to issue an order and Shift-0~5 for info.  What the heck does that mean? ;)

Could somebody please enlighten me?

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Controlling Allies w/Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »

You hit the 'o'  key(not zero, but oh) and then you should able to select allies using 0-5 and issue them orders. I had trouble figuring it out too :D.

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »

Ahhhh.  Thanks a bunch.  It looks like "o", gets you into the allies menu and then you can hit the # to order them or shift-# for info. 

I would have never figured that out.  I was hitting Shift-0, ~-#, pushing #'s individually, and who knows what else. 

It's labeled very similarly to Inventory Info.  Maybe something like o + 0~5 and o + Shift-0~5 (like direct drop) would make it more intuitive.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 11:50:10 PM »

Yeah, that help menu could be improved. The 'o' to enter "order mode" is listed under the map control commands, but it would help to simply add it directly into the relevant commands in the multiconsole area as well. That'll be in there for the next release, thanks.

(Edit: I see in the source it was originally more clear about the mode, but there wasn't enough room to fit all the commands I wanted so I had temporarily removed some indicators there... At the time there was no precedent for listing of sequenced commands, but now we have things like detach-drop as Shobalk points out, so I'll just use that method.)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:55:40 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon