Grid Sage Forums

• May 04, 2024, 09:03:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Inconsistencies with dropping storage units.  (Read 1245 times)

Draxis

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
  • Also known as Dessard
    • View Profile
Inconsistencies with dropping storage units.
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »

Currently, dropping storage units works in a fairly bizarre way.  If your inventory is full, both it and any overflow from your now-empty inventory are thrown on the ground normally.  If your inventory can, after removal of the storage unit fit that same unit, it moves it into inventory as expected.  However, if your inventory is not full but would overflow if the unit were removed, you can't drop it - there's a message saying that "Inventory capacity will be insufficient."

I'd suggest making it so that dropping a unit does it whatever the state of your inventory - if possible, with a confirmation repress.  If you don't want that, never letting you do it if capacity would be insufficient would work as well, but right now with it depending on just how overfull the inventory would be seems like a problem.

To reproduce:  Open a new game and kill the scrapyard scavenger until it gives you a storage unit.  Equip that, and try unequipping it with 3, 4, 5, and 6 items in inventory.  It should succeed, fail, fail, succeed, respectively.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:03:51 PM by Draxis »

nsg21

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Inconsistencies with dropping storage units.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:28:04 PM »

It could be a feature. You see with your eyes "inventory 9/12" and think to yourself: "aha, I can remove this thing to my inventory" and suddenly -- boom -- everything falls apart and recyclers steal it and run. I see wisdom in the current ways.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Inconsistencies with dropping storage units.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:53:27 PM »

I like how nsg21 considers this a possible feature--it can be funny :)

I do recall the system being slightly inconsistent and this is something I should look into. The best solution will always be a consistent one. I'll add this to the low priority list for now.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon