Grid Sage Forums

• May 02, 2024, 12:00:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: An Item Search Thing?  (Read 1420 times)

Hippasus

• Unaware
    • View Profile
An Item Search Thing?
« on: November 05, 2018, 01:58:37 AM »

I'm wondering if it's ever planned to have a system for searching for particular items that you've already come across on a level. Something like the super convenient text search in DCSS. Sometimes remembering exactly where I saw that huge armoured wheel on a sprawling factory level can be a real drag. Also if, for instance, I come across something neat like a nice scanner it would be handy to tell whether I've come across any signal interpreters in the vicinity. I understand it's probably not the simplest QOL enhancement to make but for lazy inattentive people like me it would be a god send! ;D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: An Item Search Thing?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 04:01:45 AM »

Yeah I've already planned this out, just haven't implemented it. For one it's not nearly as useful a feature in Cogmind as it is in something like DCSS, because in the latter you can do a lot of backtracking just fine, but if you backtrack much in Cogmind, depending on your build you could be in for some serious trouble.

Actually it's slightly different but we do already have another thread for item filtering, which has been partially implemented and you can control it via settings in advanced.cfg (just nothing by type yet).

That said, now that you bring it up maybe I could add a search-based filter feature first, which'd be easier than the one I have planned... I've added some new ideas to the list :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: An Item Search Thing?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 05:54:05 AM »

So to get back to this topic, Cogmind's next major release (Beta 11) is coming with advanced filtering and searches and all sorts of stuff! It's pretty neat, and I've written an article about the related features.

Here's just one of a number of demos:

Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon