Grid Sage Forums

• May 04, 2024, 08:36:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: FastSpring is not approving my payment  (Read 1770 times)

guest1229

FastSpring is not approving my payment
« on: December 26, 2020, 06:50:37 AM »

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm trying to buy Cogmind through FastSpring (I want the DRM-free version). The problem is that FastSpring is not allowing me to buy, saying that the transaction cannot be completed (not exactly these words, but something like this).

I contacted my credit card provider, they said you should have no problems buying online, and you have enough credit. I contacted FastSpring but still haven't got any response. I used the same credit card (of type Visa) before without problems.

I wonder, is there any other way I could buy a non-Steam DRM-free version of Cogmind?

Thanks!

guest1229

Re: FastSpring is not approving my payment
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 09:19:25 AM »

I just tried again just to paste the error message here:

We regret that your payment or order could not be accepted. There are many reasons why this might occur. We value your business and would like to help you complete this order. Please contact us for assistance.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: FastSpring is not approving my payment
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 03:41:32 PM »

Welcome dayafterday123, FastSpring has pretty strict anti-fraud controls and maybe once a year or so there's someone who's payment they simply won't accept and they won't tell you why. (There's no other place to get it though, no.)

If you send me an email at gridsagegames@gmail.com I can look into it more, but I can't deal with private details on the forums :)

One of the most common reasons they'll reject payments is if you're using your credit card from an IP location not near its registered address. (As they say if you contact them for assistance they might be able to help you more, but I have a tiny amount of control for overriding their system in rare cases, or can at least see more about why someone was rejected.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon