Grid Sage Forums

• June 03, 2024, 06:50:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Alpha 5c] game crashes when assimilated spotter is set to explore  (Read 974 times)

zill

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile

I was in recycling and I rewired some architects, who then assimilated a spotter.  When the spotter is set to explore the game freezes.  I have gotten this crash to repeat three times now, no crashes so far when the spotter is set to follow.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Alpha 5c] game crashes when assimilated spotter is set to explore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 04:48:45 AM »

Thanks! I see it happening and will get this sorted. On first seeing the thread title I was thinking wow, you managed to assimilate a spotter? And then I see it was your friends that did it :D

Looks like the spotter pathfinding request is going into an infinite loop when ordered to explore, for some reason...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Alpha 5c] game crashes when assimilated spotter is set to explore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 05:02:34 AM »

Solved: Turns out the EXPLORE command is only compatible with those allies who share their FOV with you (as it should be), but assimilation normally converts robots to allies of the type that do not share FOV. There needs to be an exception there for EXPLORE-capable robots. Done :D
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon