Grid Sage Forums

• May 10, 2024, 01:36:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Small (not even bug really) typo.  (Read 2465 times)

CormacMccarthy91

• Derelict
    • View Profile
Small (not even bug really) typo.
« on: June 08, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »

In the manual, in the hacking machines chapter, on the second page, under the terminals section, second paragraph, the last word of the last sentence should be "expires", but it says "expiry".  I know this is seriously minor, but the game is so well put together and professional, I assumed you would want nothing to take away from its overall amazingness.

If I find any more little things like that ill post them in here.

Love the game :)
“Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.”
-Judge

infectedm

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Small (not even bug really) typo.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »

Found a cannnon with 3 n, see screenshot :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:10:06 PM »

Absolutely! I very much hate typos myself, and would like to stomp them out of existence anywhere they exist. I ran an untrained spellchecker over the text entries, but apparently didn't quite catch everything since there are also plenty of non-dictionary words in there which I had to filter manually.

Hm, but about that particular sentence, "expiry" as a noun is technically valid grammar. Either "expires" or "expiry" could be used, the latter referring to the point in time itself at which the key is dead. I'll switch it anyway since it's probably more common to expect "expires" in that situation and there's no good reason to avoid it.

Whoops!

Thanks for pointing these out!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

CormacMccarthy91

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »

Absolutely! I very much hate typos myself, and would like to stomp them out of existence anywhere they exist. I ran an untrained spellchecker over the text entries, but apparently didn't quite catch everything since there are also plenty of non-dictionary words in there which I had to filter manually.

Hm, but about that particular sentence, "expiry" as a noun is technically valid grammar. Either "expires" or "expiry" could be used, the latter referring to the point in time itself at which the key is dead. I'll switch it anyway since it's probably more common to expect "expires" in that situation and there's no good reason to avoid it.

Whoops!

Thanks for pointing these out!

You know I had a feeling that I'd be wrong about that and would end up looking foolish. I learned something today at least haha.
“Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.”
-Judge

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 08:31:35 AM »

There's a typo in the [DSF] log. 'loses' should be 'losses'

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »

Argh, and moments ago I just finished packaging up the game for release...

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 08:48:14 AM »

But... I really need to sleep :(

(I just got done doing over a dozen suicide-lore-hacking runs)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »

Haha, dude, the game's going to be worked on for another year, you don't have to burn yourself out so fast. Not going to put it up just yet, anyway, so you can go to sleep now :P

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 05:17:43 PM »

Hear that, guys? I am literally holding back updates. I feel kind of bad. You can put it up now. You really shouldn't wait for my approval ;P

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 08:18:33 PM »

Haha, the truth is, in the final testing stage before release I encountered a serious crash caused by one of the more internally complicated new features (one of YOUR requests, to be specific =p), so there was no way I could release last night. I fixed it around 12:30 AM and had to wait until this morning to confirm the fix with more testing, and do all the release-related prep.

(It turns out the process to make sure the game remembers and loads your parts in the same order after map transfer / save loading was somewhat involved...)

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »

Well, I really appreciate the effort! I still sort my parts like crazy, as silly as it is. It helps me remember what I'm losing and what I need to replace. Armor at the top, heat sinks in the middle, computers at the bottom...

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »

No, I totally agree! It was something that annoyed me a bit before, too, since once you get towards the end of the game and have so many slots, manually sorting them really helps keep an eye on what's happening. Especially if you go with lots of utilities (which many players do), since those parts are the most diverse.

Reiver

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 03:38:14 PM »

... wait, you can rearrange your parts in each category? Or are you burning mass for the sake of tidiness?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

Sure you can, but it doesn't consume mass as it's merely reassigning letters by which they're referred to. You haven't done this before?! It's listed in the commands as "Reassign."