Grid Sage Forums

• May 16, 2024, 11:59:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Rewiring Bots  (Read 1059 times)

MJWkr

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Rewiring Bots
« on: April 19, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »

Attached are 3 screens of an encounter with an inactive bot getting hauled off by a serf.

Screenshot 001 shows an 'invalid move' message when attempting to 'bump' the bot in order to re-wire.  I would expect either a 're-wire attempt' message OR a 'bot can't be re-wired message'.

Screenshots 002 and 003 show two consecutive moves with me swapping spaces with the inactive bot. I'd expect either the re-wire attept messages, or at the least the 'invalid move' message per the above issue.

-MJWkr

MJWkr

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Rewiring Bots
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 03:36:26 PM »

Just had a 'doh' moment...this is happening because I'm flying.  I'm getting 'invalid' move because it's trying to land me into the wall.  Soooo, probably working as designed.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Rewiring Bots
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 06:32:05 PM »

Yeah, this happens now due to a fix in Alpha 5, before which you couldn't fly over disabled bots and would always rewire them. Now if you want to rewire while flying you have to force-attack the target, or shut off your flight propulsion and move into it. There are always some situations where we can't have everything work perfectly automatically since the engine can't know your purpose :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon