Grid Sage Forums

• April 26, 2024, 04:25:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Abbreviations in part names  (Read 1078 times)

zill

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Abbreviations in part names
« on: November 03, 2017, 05:43:46 AM »

A lot of parts are abbreviated eg: hpw.  hyp.  rnf. cld.  however I don't know what they all mean.  Is it possible to have the full name in the item stat panel? 

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Abbreviations in part names
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:51:10 AM »

The full name of each item without abbreviations is shown at the bottom of its info window.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

zill

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 06:04:01 AM »

This is what I see when I open the info panel.  Do I have to toggle something in the options?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 06:17:30 AM »

Yeah it's not showing because you've activated Label Supporter Items in the options. As per that option's description:
"Displays alpha supporter item attributions below the item info ... Note that while this is active, general descriptions for those few items which have them are not shown."
The last part also includes the full item name.

You can deactivate that option for a little while until you get used to the abbreviations, since most of them are used quite a lot and you'll get the hang of it quickly.

I could also consider changing the main item name at the top to use the extended version when that option is active.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 06:19:12 AM by Kyzrati »

zill

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 02:01:31 PM »

Yeah it's not showing because you've activated Label Supporter Items in the options.

I was using that option to find new parts to attach for the gallery.  I will just have to toggle it when I come across a new abbr.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 08:01:09 PM »

When first added that feature originally wasn't linked to the gallery indicator (because there wasn't one :P), so that wasn't an issue, but now it would seem there's a good reason to expand abbreviations when the full name isn't available since a lot of players will want to be looking to fill out their gallery now.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 10:41:00 PM »

Hm, I just looked into this again, and see why I didn't do it in the first place--expanded abbreviations for a number of items wouldn't actually fit at the top because there's also the tile/ASCII indicator taking up space there. This is why they were at least added to the bottom for reference under the default settings.