Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 09:19:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: "No level access here" upon ramming target on Scrapyard floor  (Read 1066 times)

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile

After some robots were spawned on Scrapyard level, I rammed into a robot standing on top of the stairs and got the "No level access here" message. Is that a bug?

Spoiler: See picture here (click to show/hide)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: "No level access here" upon ramming target on Scrapyard floor
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:30:09 AM »

Hm... yes that would definitely be a bug. I can't seem to repeat it though!

This has something to do with the Beta's new auto-ascend on ramming UI feature, which I've seen others mention recently but couldn't repeat then either. Your particular screenshot however gives me some more clues to work with... Looks like somehow the ram failed but the ascension code still executed or something like that (because you are not currently standing on the stair location there!). Thanks for the report, I'll look into this more closely.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:17:02 AM »

I can't seem to repeat it though!

That is so strange! I can easily repeat this bug several times since it's at Scrapyard.

Edit: Also notice that I didn't take any damage from ramming despite carrying no item. Not sure if that's supposed to be possible.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:31:01 AM by DDarkray »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06:45:08 AM »

That is so strange! I can easily repeat this bug several times since it's at Scrapyard.
Yeah? You can repeat it? Hm... if you think you're in a position to repeat it, save and exit, load and confirm it does happen when ramming for the next action, and attach your save.bin here. I'll check to see on my end if the same thing happens. I tried a whole bunch of different scenarios and couldn't get that to happen. Also I guess attach your cogmind.cfg file in case some of your optional settings are affecting it? (I can't imagine what would, though if I can't repeat it and you can then something must be different here...)

Edit: Also notice that I didn't take any damage from ramming despite carrying no item. Not sure if that's supposed to be possible.
You can take as little as 1 core damage in that case, so maybe you didn't notice it?

DDarkray

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 07:08:25 PM »

So I've been testing this bug out a couple of times. I thought I can reproduce the bug consistently, but now I realize that I can only SOMETIMES reproduce it. The chance of the bug happening is not low, so even if it fails a couple of times, it will eventually happen. (Bugs have RNG?) Sometimes I can reproduce the bug several times in a row if the robot is still alive after being rammed and is still standing on top of the stairs.

I hope you can smash that bug!  :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:10:05 PM by DDarkray »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 04:17:53 AM »

Hm, odd that I still can't repeat what you're seeing. With your save I did discover, however, that if a ram outright destroys the target then you won't automatically ascend. These are two different issues, and while I couldn't repeat the first, I did find the theoretical cause in the code and fixed it :P

Anyway, these should be taken care of now.

DDarkray

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 05:32:06 AM »

I'll see if I can reproduce the bug again after the next update. If I can't reproduce it after like 20 tries, I think it's considered fixed.

DDarkray

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 04:37:56 PM »

After some testing for Beta 1.2, it looks like I can't reproduce the problem again. Hopefully the bug is considered fixed.