Grid Sage Forums

• April 26, 2024, 01:53:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Robot view mode can take control of your cursor by itself  (Read 595 times)

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Robot view mode can take control of your cursor by itself
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:15:23 PM »

Keyboard only mode and depends on right timing.

Find a robot. Bring up its display and scroll down to its components. Open specific component display but quickly cancel it with escape before the animation finishes, then scroll one step down. The cursor will move down but immediately go back up. It will be done only once. My guess is the other window which was closed before it managed to open tries to reset cursor position for some reason. Timing is very important here. You may need to try several times before you nail it. If you cannot let me know and I will try making a short video.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Robot view mode can take control of your cursor by itself
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 10:26:08 PM »

I see it, it only occurs while the second window is still closing, because they share the same context help system, and are fighting over control of the cursor while the animation is playing out, but don't actively check that the cursor aligns with where they think it is.

Because this is caused by an internal engine behavior used to automatically detect which window has the cursor focus, the best  solution would be to remove the animation from the second window, instead using the instant-disappear method, but I think it might be preferable to keep it as is considering how minor this issue is?
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Robot view mode can take control of your cursor by itself
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »

Definitely yes. If there is no trivial way to fix it dedicating time to searching for a solution would be wasteful.