Grid Sage Forums

• April 18, 2024, 09:21:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Alpha 13 Discussion/Feedback (spoiler-free)  (Read 1249 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Alpha 13 Discussion/Feedback (spoiler-free)
« on: January 16, 2017, 06:17:06 PM »

Here's the place for general spoiler-free feedback and discussion about the most recent release, if you want to talk about something that you don't feel warrants a dedicated thread.

Alpha 13 release notes and changelog.

If you want to freely talk about spoiler content without the annoyance of spoiler tags, there's a thread for that :D. Note that it's fine to talk about spoilers here as well (if perhaps they're only a small part of what you have to say), just tag them appropriately.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Nikolai

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha 13 Discussion/Feedback (spoiler-free)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 09:02:28 AM »

So happy you decided to enhance stealth!  I can't wait to see how it works!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Alpha 13 Discussion/Feedback (spoiler-free)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:53:21 PM »

I'm always up for adding items with new mechanics that can enhance some style of play! There are still yet more in the plans, aimed at various play styles, but any remaining ideas will mostly be left for post-1.0 updates.

Regarding the new stealth items, I'll say now that because it's probably OP the Triangulator won't be such a common find (and it doesn't appear until -5), and no other robots carry it, so the best way to get one would be to fabricate it.

As for the Cloaking Devices, they too currently don't start appearing until -5, and only one type of robot uses them, so you'll probably want to fab those as well :P

(This pair of items add so much additional potential to stealth, especially in combination with one another, that they can't be too easy to get or appear too early!)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon