Grid Sage Forums

• March 19, 2024, 05:57:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Armory marked yellow on world map  (Read 2854 times)

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Armory marked yellow on world map
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:45:06 AM »

Screenshot provided. At first I discovered its location via tunnelling and then it was properly red. As soon as I entered factory level where it was located it turned yellow, as if Hub04(d) had infected it with its yellowness. Entering armory itself did not fix it.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Armory marked yellow on world map
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 07:55:45 AM »

Hm, that is... weird xD

Armory should naturally disappear from the AREA box as soon as you enter it, and it changed color as you simply entered the same depth it was on?!

I just tried to repeat this a couple times by running a route similar to your own and everything worked normally, so we'll have to see if and when this pops up again. I did make a couple of adjustments to the world map code based on your other related reports, so maybe that already had some effect? Not sure.

If this happens again, a copy of the save file might help determine what caused this particular issue.

You're definitely the first player to use the world map so much--most people don't bother, or don't even know it exists :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »

Armory should naturally disappear from the AREA box as soon as you enter it, and it changed color as you simply entered the same depth it was on?!

I just tried to repeat this a couple times by running a route similar to your own and everything worked normally, so we'll have to see if and when this pops up again. I did make a couple of adjustments to the world map code based on your other related reports, so maybe that already had some effect? Not sure.

The first part is from memory. It might have changed color earlier but for some time it was actually red.
One thing I am fairly sure of: you need to discover armory first. Probably then hub and lastly the factory there, all before reaching this depth. Will keep a save file next time I manage to get that far.

You're definitely the first player to use the world map so much--most people don't bother, or don't even know it exists :P
Ha, I even got a bit impatient waiting for the route animation to finish. A world map was one of the features planned for old PRIME before I went for full engine replacement. Cogmind happens to fulfill this dream.  8)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »

Hehe, world maps are neat, sorta "optional" features in games like this. Once a world is big enough, though, they can certainly help with strategic planning and understanding where everything is in relation to everything else. Some people will just build the map mentally, but here it's done for you in style :) (I wrote about the creation process here.)

Ha, I even got a bit impatient waiting for the route animation to finish.
When it's short it's no big deal but if you have a loooooong route and are getting closer to the surface, the total time can really add up...  I was considering making it animate even faster overall (the speed was more aimed at short/medium-length routes), or maybe make the speed dynamic--faster if you have a longer route? That actually might be kinda complicated and time-consuming to implement, since it would have to modify a bunch of particles on the fly. I'll investigate later.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon