• April 25, 2024, 12:24:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: z << Manual Command  (Read 18003 times)

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
z << Manual Command
« on: May 24, 2015, 05:22:25 AM »

Hello all forum-goers,

I've just finished compiling and writing a mega list of all the manual commands I know. Unfortunately, I wrote it all up with 'Markdown' syntax because I had reddit in mind, so a straight-up copy-paste won't look very pretty. Also, that would double the amount of work I have to do to update it... So with that said, please forgive me for simply linking to it from this thread. If you really hate reddit, feel free to drop any useful information in this thread and I will see that it gets updated. If you really really hate reddit and refuse to even read it over there, I'm sorry.

z << Manual Command

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: z << Manual Command
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 07:44:51 PM »

Still trying to get the schematics for those Biomechanical Wings... Soon...

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 08:11:08 PM »

Heehee! I've gotten schematics a lot, but actually fabbing things is a frustrating process. Not only do you need to get a schematic (which requires lots of hacking or scanalyzing), you need to load the schematic in the fabber (hack) and then start the build (really difficult hack). This is all assuming you were carrying at least a Med. Matter Storage Unit in your inventory and it was nearly full. Finally, you need to wait 50~100 turns for the process to complete. Ding! One item. Rinse repeat. Bleh.

Some item suggestions, based on what I've downloaded:
- Schematic(Lrn. Sensor Array)
- Schematic(Mic. Fission Core)
- Schematic(Adv. Signal Interpreter)
- Schematic(Powered Armor)
- Schematic(KE Penetrator)
- Schematic(Centrium Greatsword) ;)
- Schematic(Adv. Targeting Computer)

And for shits and giggles, someone needs to try:
- Schematic(B-99 Colossus)

Fabbers seem to have different tech levels though. They can't all produce high level items.

ironpotato

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 07:41:13 AM »

Someone really needs to help identify some drones, because twice now I've found a drone bay, but never figured out how to get drones...

None the less, I love watching these, I've successfully fabbed a mic. fission core. Still trying for those biomechanical wings though.

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 08:38:34 AM »

Someone really needs to help identify some drones, because twice now I've found a drone bay, but never figured out how to get drones...

None the less, I love watching these, I've successfully fabbed a mic. fission core. Still trying for those biomechanical wings though.
Haha! Congrats! One time I got a Long-Range Sensory Array on my very first try on the Terminal I spawned next to. That was a good feeling. 'Course, what the game gives, the game takes, and an unavoidable fight with a single goblin turned into a fight with 8 goblins. gg -10

Uh, drones are super simple stuff. I take it you've found a Drone Bay? Equip it (it takes two Utility slots), online it, and wait two turns. Congrats! You have two cute little drones next to you. Use the 'o' key to give them orders (and '0' [that's zero] to give orders to both of them). Most people, I think, will be telling them to e'x'plore, whereupon they run away only to die in the next room to a group of goblins or swarmers. They aren't incredibly useful, especially since they always travel together. They'd be better if they at least when in separate directions.

ironpotato

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 08:44:31 AM »

Ahhh, that makes so much sense. I've been trying to find some alternate strategies, and I thought drones might be useful for a couple of them. I knew all the ordering commands, just wasn't sure how that whole obtaining drones spiel went.

nsg21

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »

Observed

Enumerate(Surveilance)

Shows up as [Surveliance Status], have no idea what it is, hack failed. All deployed watchers?

Speaking of drones, when drones are dead is there a way to build new ones, or drone bay is useless at this point?

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »

Thanks! I'll update the reddit post. No idea on how to build more drones. I usually just launch them and ditch the part.

jpka

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 06:43:26 PM »

Recall(Squad) says is not a valid command.

Also, people, FWI, if you stop hacking before the trace is complete you can attempt again in 50 turns (The manual even says so). Playing it safe will make terminals last quite a bit.

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »

Haha, thanks for checking that. I haven't done much research lately. Also, 50 turns isn't enough on the higher floors... I've reconnected after longer than that with there still being a shred of trace left.

jpka

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 10:19:51 PM »

You can always get a trace at the time of accessing after the first try (the manual says "subsequent connections are tested for detection before even the first hack."), but sometimes you don't, so as long as the trace isn't completed you can always try again in 50 more turns. Also, 25% trace means that most terminal commands won't make it go overboard (I have been hacking heavily and only one time this proved untrue) so you can do one command, fail spectacularly, and still leave the terminal operational.

Arseface

• Derelict
  • Baddest of the Bads
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 11:58:47 PM »

Index(Machines) shows all machines on the map. It's glorious.
"Hard work might pay off in the long run, but being lazy always pays off right now"
-Somebody

E.I.G.

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 04:38:59 AM »

Scanalyzers can identify prototype parts.

jpka

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 07:44:18 PM »

A couple of more things: there is a Reinforcement kind of squad, so

Recall(Reinforcement)
Enumerate(Reinforcements)

Both tested and work.

Also Alert levels appear not to be per-floor as you say here, but rather persist from floor to floor, don't know if they drop overtime or not, but this bumps a lot the usefulness of Alert(Purge) before ascending further.

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 07:58:10 PM »

Aight! Updating the reddit post. And you're right, I should have known that about Alert(Purge).

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 02:49:58 AM »

Fabbers seem to have different tech levels though. They can't all produce high level items.
Yeah, you guys are getting schematics out of early Terminals that I thought you shouldn't have been able to. This will need to be fixed, so enjoy it while you can ;).

Ding! One item. Rinse repeat. Bleh.
This, however, is going to get better. In a not-so-distant release you'll be able to produce batches of parts, rather than one at a time.

They aren't incredibly useful, especially since they always travel together. They'd be better if they at least when in separate directions.
That's because they use the same exploration algorithm so they're unlikely to split if you launch them at the same time. You can either 1) tell one to explore and let the other one wait around a bit first or 2) let one explore randomly and manually instruct the second to head in a different direction, then tell it to start exploring.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 09:34:31 AM »

ohhhh im going to enjoy this....
hi everyone!
I love hacking

hey  kyzrati I joined the forum after sending in my form, I need the alpha badge.

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 09:43:18 AM »

Welcome to the forums endlessblaze! Please take note of the fact that I only keep the reddit post updated - the one you see above is slightly out of date. As a matter of fact, I have to go touch it up right now.

If you haven't already, I highly suggest reading the manual. One thing I want to highlight is that manual commands suffer from a base -15% success penalty. With that information in mind, I would personally recommend treating indirect hacking as a side bonus if it works, but not something to focus on (unless you find Deep Network Scanners, that is). That's info I need to put in the guide...

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 09:49:05 AM »

already read it ;)

I am glad to see this though because I tried manual commands and I must have been typing them wrong.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 10:03:39 AM »

hey  kyzrati I joined the forum after sending in my form, I need the alpha badge.
Certainly, I do that in batches every day or two when I check the form data, but I'll go add yours now since you've asked and I know you.

And welcome! We have a lot more activity over here than on Bay 12 (since a number of the main Bay 12 players are here, too, anyway...), though it's nice to have the occasional conversation over there to bump that thread and let more people find the game!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

endlessblaze

• Derelict
  • FIRE THE EM CANNONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 10:55:18 AM »

thanks.

and yha I will probly carry on discussions in both forums. I already spend lots of time on bay12 anyways.
hehehehehh hahahahahhaha!

.....................................th commands still wont work for me. I always get unknown command

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 10:59:33 AM »

Things to check: Are you being case-sensitive? If you don't use a capital key when you are supposed to, it gets rejected. What kinds of commands are you trying to use? Also, are you using the right command at the right type of machine? All commands are specific to a type of machine - e.g. you can't use Terminal commands at a Scanalyzer.

Draco18s

• Cyborg
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 05:42:32 PM »

Things to check: Are you being case-sensitive? If you don't use a capital key when you are supposed to, it gets rejected. What kinds of commands are you trying to use? Also, are you using the right command at the right type of machine? All commands are specific to a type of machine - e.g. you can't use Terminal commands at a Scanalyzer.

I don't know, I've had "Access(Main)" fail on me before (yes, using a Terminal).  And I've input it just as I've typed it here.

Adraius

• Derelict
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 07:27:52 PM »

I don't know, I've had "Access(Main)" fail on me before (yes, using a Terminal).  And I've input it just as I've typed it here.
By 'fail', do you mean the terminal failed to recognize the command, or that the attempt didn't succeed?  Manual commands are subject to the same chance-to-succeed they would have if they were a direct hack at that terminal, but with a -15% stacked on top. (this makes indirectly hacking Access(Main) very hard to successfully pull off without multiple hacking utilities)

Draco18s

• Cyborg
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 07:38:45 PM »

By 'fail', do you mean the terminal failed to recognize the command, or that the attempt didn't succeed?

Former.  "ACCESS(MAIN) NOT RECOGNIZED"
Pages: [1] 2