Grid Sage Forums

• May 08, 2024, 09:46:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Interacting with machines remotely by flying over a line of bots  (Read 634 times)

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Interacting with machines remotely by flying over a line of bots
« on: December 26, 2016, 10:38:01 PM »

Trying to fly over a bunch of robots behind whose the first square without a robot is an interactive machine will actually start the interaction. This is a feature, right? :P

I believe you just fly there, insert a jack on a long cable and fly back where you originally were. Cogmind works by data transfer alone so there is no need to actually be adjacent to the terminal to read its output. Oh, and the best part is when you operate Scanalyzers that way. The Unaware (or Assembled, as it may hapeen) form a line, passing any parts you wish to insert along the chain. Fun thing happens when your stuff gets damaged in the process. The robot closest to machine exclaims "oh, crap!" but the closest to you meekly emits "we're really sorry" as they pass the nonfunctional part back to you.

edit: Title change.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:55:21 PM by Widmo »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Interacting with machines remotely
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 05:54:56 AM »

Hahaha...

Seriously this is a thing? That's pretty amazing. So friendly of them!

I almost never use flight gear, though many of our experts do and I'm somewhat surprised none of them have mentioned this before. Perhaps they believe it was better kept a secret for their own use :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Interacting with machines remotely
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 01:33:47 PM »

Well, this one was discovered by fat fingering a direction. Imagine my surprise when trying to move I am suddently presented with terminal access screen but there was no such machine adjacent.