• April 25, 2024, 06:35:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alpha 8 Discussions [SPOILER VERSION]  (Read 10099 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Alpha 8 Discussions [SPOILER VERSION]
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:50:29 PM »

Use this thread for general feedback and discussion about the most recent release, if you want to talk about something that you don't feel warrants a dedicated thread.

This is the open spoiler version, for discussions where you plan to talk about spoilery content and don't want to bother with spoiler tagging. Do not read this thread if you want to avoid spoilers! For non-spoiler discussion, feel free to use the non-spoiler discussion thread here.

Alpha 8 release notes and changelog.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha 8 Discussions [SPOILER VERSION]
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 09:21:01 AM »

I haven't had the opportunity to play past the single run that I did before. I wish I looked at the changelog before trying to blow through that door in Zion. The natives weren't very happy with my behaviour and got myselves kicked out. Died in the prox caves. Shame. It was shaping up to be a good run too. Also, I think Zion could benefit from a little bit of background music. It is one of the very few areas where you are just chilling out. I am thinking something along the lines of the music that plays in in deus-ex. I haven't found out any of the cool stuff yet. Will report back later.

I also think I know how you turned research into a warzone :). Let's see whether I am right.

p.s: Also, do the changes to the blast doors imply that I can't crit through the prison door in Extension and the mainframe doors in Cetus?

Edit : Feature request: Would it be possible to include a pull up window which contains only dialogue with pwds (or even just the pwds with a brief description)?. I can see things getting annoying if I have to scroll through the log to find passwords.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:24:50 AM by Sherlockkat »

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »

Just had a really good run.

Alpha 8 thoughts:

i) I liked the molecular deconstructor. Is this the only weapon in the game which does damage over time? Really fun to play with. A really good anti-hunter tool, I think.
ii) Zion is cool. I love the "vendor" who fixes you up. Also, lol at storm laser. Also, learnt a new trojan. I already knew about most of the "tips". But, I can see this being very useful for new players. If they can make it there, that is :p.
iii) Met O8 in a previous run. Didn't get the chance to use the code that he gave me.
iv) Met Zhirov in upper caves. I think I understand the lore lot better now. The alien artifacts were cool. I assume you can't further the plot with Zhirov before section 7 is open.
v) I also like the change to Samaritans. They are now a reliable source of treads and neutrino cores.
vi) I found the signal disruptor (edit: not signal disruptor, it's self-destruct interrupter :p) in Zion. That is very useful. Especially if you find a lone behemoth and you want to do some shopping...

I was very close to winning this run. I started off with a combat build and dived into every branch to see if I can find something new. I think I dove into caves in every single factory floor. The upper proxmity caves wrecked me. But, I found decent flight equipment in research and switched to stealth. Found the exit in -3 after running around for a while. Got lucky in -2 and the exit was right there. Access was tragic. I found a energy cycler early on and blew it up. Then spent rest of the time running around looking for the exit. Ran into a bunch of swarmers and that was it.

I am probably done with Alpha 8 for a while. Will try and get a speed win before Alpha 9 though.

Spoiler: scoresheet/17234 (click to show/hide)

edit : The score sheet says that I had 135pc of my health when I exited -3. Bug?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:52:23 AM by Sherlockkat »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 10:00:53 PM »

Hehe, you got on the wrong side of the Zionites? Surprised that you still managed to make it out alive that first time :)

Also, I think Zion could benefit from a little bit of background music. It is one of the very few areas where you are just chilling out. I am thinking something along the lines of the music that plays in in deus-ex.
Yeah, eventually all areas of the game will have some sort of continuous ambient or music going on--this time I just added a sample for the caves since I had it handy.

p.s: Also, do the changes to the blast doors imply that I can't crit through the prison door in Extension and the mainframe doors in Cetus?
Correct. I wasn't aware anyone knew about that yet, since it wasn't in the manual or context help, and no one's mentioned it. That was originally a way to get through any locked door, but it wasn't intentional. Those were meant only for the other several methods (there are still at least four now, I think).

Edit : Feature request: Would it be possible to include a pull up window which contains only dialogue with pwds (or even just the pwds with a brief description)?. I can see things getting annoying if I have to scroll through the log to find passwords.
This is something I've been thinking about in the background, yeah. Waiting until the game is further along before addressing it. For now I just jot the four characters down on scratch paper if it's something I'm likely to use.

i) I liked the molecular deconstructor. Is this the only weapon in the game which does damage over time? Really fun to play with. A really good anti-hunter tool, I think.
Yep, it's the only such weapon--mentioned in the changelog as the "unique weapon" with different mechanics. Very special, and even useful for more than just taking out robots :D

ii) Zion is cool. I love the "vendor" who fixes you up. Also, lol at storm laser. Also, learnt a new trojan. I already knew about most of the "tips". But, I can see this being very useful for new players. If they can make it there, that is :p.
I kinda think of it as more advanced tips, anyway, for those who can reach the mid-game but need all the help they can get to tackle the late game. A good bit of it has already been learned by those who hang around on the forums, but new players in the future won't have been through the alpha process :).

You probably haven't seen them all, though, since they're randomly selected from a large pool each time so it would take quite a few runs to get them all (and some are more rare than others). There's tips in there I'm pretty sure no one knows yet.

And for experienced players who do know all the tips, know that the stationary Zionites are the ones that provide some kind of real benefit other than simple text-based knowledge, so those are the one's to talk to if you're just doing a quick run and not looking for lore/tips.

iv) Met Zhirov in upper caves. I think I understand the lore lot better now. The alien artifacts were cool. I assume you can't further the plot with Zhirov before section 7 is open.
Yeah, can't get further with him yet, though you can meet him elsewhere in 0b10. Only Decker's seen that before, I believe (it's not a guaranteed encounter).

edit : The score sheet says that I had 135pc of my health when I exited -3. Bug?
I noticed that in my run, too, and interestingly it also happened on -3. Must be some strange new bug. I'll smash it.

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 10:17:47 PM »

Re Doors : I had always thought that was a feature and not a bug. I imagined the Cogmind blowing up the prison doors and going "Come with if you want to live" in an Austrian accent. (edit : I regularly used this to free prisoners in extension.)

Re Molecular Disruptor : It scales so well late into the game. It might even be useful for speed builds if you can find the space. It is really broken and OP. I like it :). Speaking of broken and OP items, the mini-drone bay is really good. I found it once in access and thought it was a really late game item. Turns out you can get it in factory. It made caves a lot more easier to navigate. Let's see how things turn out once the fabrication changes are in. It might make things a bit too easy.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 10:33:20 PM »

I imagined the Cogmind blowing up the prison doors and going "Come with if you want to live" in an Austrian accent. (edit : I regularly used this to free prisoners in extension.)
Hahaha... well, even without any hacking gear whatsoever, you'll generally be able to hack open about half the doors. There is also usually an Energy Cycler around.

On my last run I had no gear and failed to hack O7 out (his door looks different so it's distinguishable), then took out the cycler to free him, but by the time I got back to meet up with him he had lost all his propulsion :'(. Then I was wishing I could hack a Mechanic to restore his propulsion, but had no datajack... Oh well!

Re Molecular Disruptor : It scales so well late into the game. It might even be useful for speed builds if you can find the space. It is really broken and OP. I like it :).
HA! I had that feeling while making it (and figured it could probably even allow you to break the game in some unforseen way), but there's only one way to get it and it's not guaranteed, so I figured why not. If necessary we can balance it out a bit more later, but it's intended to be nice bonus if you're lucky enough to run across it.

It only has a chance to appear in one of any cave map in the game, and you have to visit that exact map to maybe find it. We'll see how common it really is. I could also lower its chance of being found, since right now it's kinda average compared to other encounters. In any case, fun to play with for now, and honestly there is additional semi-OP stuff on the way :D

Speaking of broken and OP items, the mini-drone bay is really good. I found it once in access and thought it was a really late game item. Turns out you can get it in factory. It made caves a lot more easier to navigate. Let's see how things turn out once the fabrication changes are in. It might make things a bit too easy.
Yeah, this is why I'm worried about easy fabrication. It's going to throw balance off quite a lot if you can always create the few parts that are obviously extremely useful. We'll see... I've got a new idea regarding that I might throw into the fab discussion thread.

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 11:37:52 AM »

Story so far....

Spoiler: Serious Lore Spoilers (click to show/hide)

K, how much of that is correct?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:53:36 PM by Sherlockkat »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 09:54:16 PM »

Well, you have a lot of the details in there, and some good guesses given what's still missing in the game :)

Come to think of it, I should make a "lore completion" percentage somewhere (hm, no appropriate place for that yet...) that tells whether you've actually read all the records in the game, in case you're missing a vital piece.

Spoiler: Lore talk (click to show/hide)

Your unanswered questions will get answers in time. Next up is Alpha 9 where you can finally meet Warlord.

"Hooligans" would be more descriptive of the so-called "wild derelicts," those with no particular affiliation. The Assembled are something else altogether. In fact, no one knows where they came from at all. Some info is available through MAIN.C's own terminal records.

Thanks for your rundown; nice to see how it's being interpreted at this point! I might add a few bits as necessary to make misinterpretations or gaps in knowledge less likely. (But you've certainly got most of the right impressions so far.)

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 11:16:18 PM »

Ooh. Thanks for the clarification on MAIN.C's broadcast. I must have read those records in the wrong order. It would be nice to have access to the records that you have already read somewhere in the gallery alongside items. Or maybe have a early game branch called library which you need to visit to read all the previously queried records :).

That being said, I love the dark-soulesque approach to lore where you need to be half-good at the game to get the all the story bits. Getting to Zhirov is not easy. It is a very good example of immersion via difficulty. And the story fascinating enough justify it. It is gonna really exciting when the late game branches are open.

Am I correct in assuming that the caves branches are relatively static? (i.e Zion in -7, Data miner in -6, Warlord in -5, and Zhirov in -4)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 11:42:07 PM »

Ah yeah, a place to read them all would be nice, too, akin to the gallery. (Also related: the ability to see stats for everything you have in the gallery, a feature that's on the list but very low priority.) It wouldn't fit in the game world itself, though (as said library), since I don't want to inject meta content (the only current exception to that rule is the static Recycling entry code...).

I'm glad you enjoy the approach to lore--I'm obviously a fan of this method myself, its main drawback being that some players will have a tough time learning everything without spoilers (unless I add in multiple difficulty levels, which I'd prefer not to do). It gets harder and harder for less skilled players to access the latest content, since we're working our way towards the surface. But I'll come back and add some new content to earlier branches later, plus we do have some occasional new mechanics available to all.

The cave branches are only partially static. Zion/Data are -7 or -6, Warlord/Zhirov are -5 or -4. Most branches work that way (ex: Storage, which is anywhere from -9 to -7). In fact, there are almost no branches that always appear at the exact same depth every run. This is why if you really want to target a particular branch, you'll have to try to figure out where it is in advance. But all branches provide some meaningful benefits, so wandering randomly is fine, too :P

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 10:03:41 PM »

The inaugural Alpha 8 run has ended, so I can visit this thread.

Argh!! ;D

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

How do you get out?  The terminal was a 5% hack.  On the behemoth side, I couldn't shoot through.

I made it to Zhirov and found some new cave content.  I'm loving the story, like Sherlockkat.  I can't wait to read some more. 

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 10:33:16 PM »

Oh wow, that's nice shobalk. You almost had it. If you are hacky build, you hack the temrinal. If not, there is this blue machine called energy cyclers stewn all across access. You can find it behind a double door (looks like ++ ). Blow it up and it opens all the doors. Or you can just shoot through the behemoths. YOu need a lot of fire power to blow through those reinforced walls though.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 10:41:49 PM »

Close, indeed! :)

You don't necessarily need a lot of firepower, since you can crit the doors open (kinetic guns are an option, too). And even if you're unarmed, you can stand next to the doors and hope that Behemoths and Hunters miss, thereby blowing a hole for you. But yeah the approach on that side is for combat-minded Cogmind.

There are several other ways, too; Energy Cyclers are pretty reliable, but can be dangerous because they respond with patrol dispatches ;)

Decker

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 09:39:16 AM »

You don't necessarily need a lot of firepower, since you can crit the doors open (kinetic guns are an option, too). And even if you're unarmed, you can stand next to the doors and hope that Behemoths and Hunters miss, thereby blowing a hole for you. But yeah the approach on that side is for combat-minded Cogmind.

So that's what had happened when I was shooting at those doors and punched a hole. A critical hit!

On an unrelated note, I am now the proud owner of a self-destruct interrupter. Since I have no intention of self-destructing and can't figure out what's it for, maybe I should just drop them.

I like Zion, and specially its mechanic that just repaired all my items. Would be cool if it worked for your inventory, too. Next time I'll part swap. The long-range scanner part is very good, even better than the long-range sensor.

Purging corruption on entry is a very good idea. I had just dropped my weapons before entering.

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 10:53:40 AM »

On an unrelated note, I am now the proud owner of a self-destruct interrupter. Since I have no intention of self-destructing and can't figure out what's it for, maybe I should just drop them.

It is a really useful item. Drop it on the floor before you get into combat in caves. It stops the enemy parts from disintegrating.

@K : It's official. The new drone bays are really powerful, especially at low security levels. I found the Mapping Drone Bay. It was a single slot item with a mass of 3!! That's amazing. It helped me get through both research levels painlessly. All I would do is release a single drone and it would reveal room contents,  secret doors, enemy patrols and with a little luck, the exit. I didn't even use them to map the area :).  They are also amazing distraction. I found a couple of regular drone bays in research. I didn't want to carry them around. So, I just equipped them and unleashed around 8 drones. Half the research floor was chasing them around like bunch of idiots while I waltzed my way to the exit :). I would have cleared access if I hadn't been an moron and tried on prototype items which promptly disabled my field prop array and my sensor array handicapping me severely. As it happened, I died. Horribly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:59:59 AM by Sherlockkat »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 07:32:12 PM »

Yeah, there's an encounter in Zion that explains what they do if you haven't figured it out by then. There's also Sherlockkat :)

I like Zion, and specially its mechanic that just repaired all my items. Would be cool if it worked for your inventory, too. Next time I'll part swap. The long-range scanner part is very good, even better than the long-range sensor.
Little too good if it worked on your inventory. Especially your inventory, which as we all know is generally huge.

That's why I had him not repair you immediately, so you'd have a chance to attach what you want.

Purging corruption on entry is a very good idea. I had just dropped my weapons before entering.
I did that since it's both cool and makes sense lore-wise, but just as importantly so you wouldn't have situations like what happened to you when you first met the Data Miner ;).

@Sherlockkat: Yeah, I'll have to do something about that. Drones were already pretty good, and I felt like adding more (there are several other kinds, too), but they should probably be made rare/special for balance purposes. That or I was thinking perhaps they need a mechanics adjustment of some sort. Any ideas? (I've also been thinking about them and other parts in the context of a newer fabrication system under which you could theoretically have easier access to unbalancing parts...)

Amusingly you still bit the dust :P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:33:50 PM by Kyzrati »

Decker

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 08:05:17 PM »

I have a question about the score computation.

Currently the best way to increase the score is to destroy machinery. Robots, prototypes, artifacts aren't worth much. Destroying machines increase the alert level, so ideally one wants to destroy machines with the best score/alert ratio. However, there is no way to determine what either of those values are for a machine. Maybe a 'value' field could be added to the machine stat window?

I cheated and save scummed to get some numbers. Destroying a terminal got me a score increase of 25, and the same for a matter pump or something like that. Does this number vary for other machines? I'm curious but there is a limit to the amount of pain I'm willing to go through to find out ;)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 08:35:46 PM »

Ah Decker, always looking for ways to squeeze out some extra points :P

Almost every machine in the game is worth 25--there are only three special machines (Garrison-related) that are exceptions to that. The score value, like many other score values in the game, are directly proportional to the amount of alert level increase caused by disabling them.

While logically speaking machines should probably be valued differently, it wasn't planned and hasn't yet been considered. I do want to examine the entire scoring system once the world is complete, but it's not high priority right now.

Keeping all machines valued the same simplifies the system and means we don't need to worry about displaying their relative value.

Adding an explicit "value" to a machine would also tend to encourage their destruction for score purposes, when that's not really a primary goal of the game. It exists as a way to allow collateral damage to have an impact on the ecosystem.

But yeah some Cogminds are apparently all about being really, really destructive :P

Most robots are valued more than machines, and realize that destroying robots adds to two performance indicators, both Robots Destroyed (a flat per-robot value) and Value Destroyed (which is where most of the reward comes in, different for each robot and usually ranging from 1-99). The true value of a standard robot is shown in its variant number, until you start getting into prototypes. Ever met a Combat Programmer? They're worth 200 each :)

Decker

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 10:33:44 PM »

Almost every machine in the game is worth 25--there are only three special machines (Garrison-related) that are exceptions to that. The score value, like many other score values in the game, are directly proportional to the amount of alert level increase caused by disabling them.

Keeping all machines valued the same simplifies the system and means we don't need to worry about displaying their relative value.

Great -- I suspected the value was related to the alert level. This makes sense: the AI is more pissed when destroying high-value targets. And since the value is fixed, I agree there is no need for an indicator.

Most robots are valued more than machines, and realize that destroying robots adds to two performance indicators, both Robots Destroyed (a flat per-robot value) and Value Destroyed (which is where most of the reward comes in, different for each robot and usually ranging from 1-99)

Aha! This is not obvious from the way the game stats are presented. Now I have one more reason to kill the disarmed combat robots!

I went back to Data Miner. One thing I notice is that while the lore is very nice, the game rewards the player if they go through every terminal/robot and download every item, each time they get there. This could become a chore for a big map like Zion.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 11:53:33 PM »

I went back to Data Miner. One thing I notice is that while the lore is very nice, the game rewards the player if they go through every terminal/robot and download every item, each time they get there. This could become a chore for a big map like Zion.
In Data Miner it's just a couple terminals that have useful non-lore stuff, and they're always in the same place, so that's easy enough.

In Zion I was a bit worried about that, so to at least somewhat mitigate the effect all stationary inhabitants are those which provide you with benefits. If they're moving around they're purely for lore purposes and experienced players can ignore them (but the lore is random and some of it doesn't appear so often, so it can take a while to find it all--whether you have done so will be easier to discern with some kind of future meta record system).

So you basically just go around in a circle and hit anything that's not moving.

There are also some alternative encounters that could be used to create a potential drawback to hanging around in Zion too long. I didn't yet implement some of the more involved/special cave and Zion encounters. That said, I kinda like the idea that there's a place in the world where you're not running for your life, it just leads to replayability vs. optimal play dilemmas like this in a roguelike...

(@Sherlockkat: I moved the drone+fabricator post over to that thread for continued discussion.)

Happylisk

• Sigix
  • 2nd place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 2nd place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 07:21:21 AM »

Has anyone killed Dataminer?  What happens when you do that?

Sherlockkat

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »

I don't know whether you can kill the dataminer. You probably can. But, you need enough fire power to kill him in one shot. Coz that's all you are going to get. I have attempted to kill the dataminer. He escapes through a trap door and sets his fancy prototype guards on you.

You can kill the data miner in a single shot. I katana-sliced him to death. He drops his hackware, system-mapper. It gives you +30 to hack!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit : Updated with new info from my recent run.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:36:12 PM by Sherlockkat »

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 11:58:06 PM »

You can kill the data miner in a single shot. I katana-sliced him to death. He drops his hackware, system-mapper. It gives you +30 to hack!!
That is so awesome :)

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 10:22:21 AM »

Yay, I made it to the Data Miner myself! I'm happy, 'cause this was my first try back at stealth running in like, a year. I've been showing this game to a friend, and although they have slowly been gaining competence at combat running, I wanted to show them that there are other options out there. If only all my runs could divine so much knowledge, haha.

I've already transcripted everything from Data Miner to the wiki. A few things are unclear to me though, and will require me to try a few times... or just ask you guys lol. Are the schematics terminals randomized? I mean, if they are, they probably have some reasonable bounds, but I'm not sure if they are static. Also, what happens when you fail to kill the Data Miner? I had read a little about him in this thread and so I had a go at him, and my Ripper downed him in one hit. After escaping past those damnable Enhanced Grunts, I took a breather. My mind will be blown if I really just got the location of every staircase henceforth.

You mentioned that Lower Caves connect to both the lower Factory floors. Does this mean I can hit, say, Zion from Factory -7, and then Data Miner from -6? And that in a future run, it might be reversed?

Also, there are two Research branches, right? I think Testing and Quarantine, though in retrospect I can't find hard data on Quarantine. Do they exist / can be accessed?

I need data on Zhirov, Perun, and Svarog, too... I mean, I need someone to try hitting them and telling me what happens, haha. Adv. Scans of them would be neat, too. I want to know what Zhirov is holding... Oh, also, Zhirov's logs point to a Hidden Lab off of Armory - do we know what this is?

I only play a little every day, so it might be another few days or so before I come across noteworthy information, but I'll do a write-up on how I interpret everything so far like you did, Sherlockkat. I guess my next stop should be Archives. Sounds like an interesting place :D What's in Hub_04(d)?

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 11:01:40 AM »

As a break from studying for exams, I played my first game in months (and since Alpha 6). Started out normally, but then I found Imp Flight Units on -9...

So at the start of -8 I started recording and managed to win, pretty smoothly too. No branch monkey business mind you, just a straightforward game.

I'm going to bed while it uploads to youtube, and it should end up on https://youtu.be/SzLc5l15RpA, and if for some reason that doesn't work, check my youtube channel in about one hour from now.

Really like the change to the surface shell btw. Also, I wasn't able to detect hunters with my adv. signal interpreter. Nerf or bug?

Code: [Select]
Cogmind - Alpha 8

Name: zzxc

---[ ESCAPED! ]---

Performance
-------------
Evolutions (9)             4500
Robots Destroyed (22)      110
Value Destroyed (621)      621
Prototype IDs (9)          180
Alien Tech Identified (0)  0
Bonus (8025)               8025
              TOTAL SCORE: 13436

Cogmind
---------
Core Integrity             1600/1600
Matter                     157/300
Energy                     38/420
System Corruption          0%
Temperature                Warning (305)
Location                   Surface

Parts
-------
Power (3)
  Angular Momentum Engine
  Light Particle Reactor
  Light Quantum Reactor
Propulsion (6)
  Improved Flight Unit
  Improved Flight Unit
  Improved Flight Unit
  Impulse Thruster Array