Grid Sage Forums

• May 16, 2024, 02:50:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Alpha 6] Crash on swapping damaged Processor from ground with full inventory  (Read 1833 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Sir, I have a bug to report!

What is it?

The game crashes if you have a full inventory and attempt to swap a Processor or Hackware (destroy-on-remove) directly from the ground with a worse or more damaged one that is currently attached! I believe you already have a crash log on your computer.

Thank you very much for that report, it's been fixed for the next release. Until then, um, don't do that :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile

Is it possible to sneak in a hotfix for this prior to Alpha 7?  I've hit it 6 or 7 times.  I just can't stop myself!  This last one hit me while I was doing a seed run for YouTube which makes it a little more irritating ;)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Ouch, yeah, I really wish this wasn't in there :/. It's the only serious bug that made it into Alpha 6, but I thought it would only hit people rarely since only experts use that feature and I warned about it (added it to the news announcements recently, too). You're an expert! ;)

I've really wanted to try to avoid doing a 6b release to avoid having so many hotfixes in the release schedule. Unfortunately I didn't discover this bug until after the initial week-long moratorium on new features had ended, so by then it was too late to do what I normally would for a serious-category bug--an immediate hotfix. It's not so easy to hotfix this while I'm so far into a new build. (Not impossible, of course, just more work...). Doubly unfortunate that it also coincides with Alpha 7, which happens to be one of the longer dev cycles :( (otherwise 7 would be out about now with the fix).

BUT, since you ask so nicely and you're making videos... okay I'll do it. This will be a special build rather than a regular release, though--no version update, just a hotfixed .exe to drop in.

I'll get on it immediately.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Okay, here it is. Anyone with Alpha 6 can just replace their .exe with the contents of that zip to hotfix this particular bug. Your scores are still considered Alpha 6, and there is no other difference from the original release.

(I guess it does make sense to do this at this point, because Alpha 7 will take longer!)

Edit: I've now made this a permanent undocumented part of the official Alpha 6 release, so anyone who downloads from their original link after the time stamp on this edit will have this fix incorporated in into their game by default, mainly so that new players don't have to deal with a separate update. Anyone who already has a prior Alpha 6 can just use the fix linked above.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:37:04 PM by Kyzrati »

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile

God bless you!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind

Happy to be of service! And as per the edit to my previous post, it's now a permanent part of Alpha 6 for anyone who downloads a fresh copy (see that post for details).