Grid Sage Forums

• April 26, 2024, 04:43:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: What's up with hitting no components in the calc window?  (Read 1193 times)

Star Weaver

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
    • View Profile
What's up with hitting no components in the calc window?
« on: November 03, 2015, 04:48:47 PM »

I just realized I put pretty much the entire question in the subject line, but hey. I just noticed I got a couple of 'hits' in the combat log that don't list any parts that they damaged, like so:

What's going on there?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: What's up with hitting no components in the calc window?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 06:31:36 PM »

That depends: What level of detail is your combat log set to in the options menu?

There are detail levels that don't show what you hit, and it appear you've inadvertently changed yours (especially recently since you brought up the issue of trying to reduce clutter in that window--my guess is you lowered the detail level, since at the lower levels there's less clutter but you don't get details like parts hit).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Star Weaver

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 11:00:58 AM »

I have it on the second from the highest. I think you only see part damage text at that level and above, and I don't think there's any level that shows part damage text for Cogmind parts but not enemy parts. And in any case, there is enemy part damage text elsewhere in the log, it just didn't make it into the screenshot. :)

(rrrf adding cogmind to dictionary ... also why is i add Cogmind to dictionary does cogmind not suggest it ... durr.)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 07:48:40 PM »

Another two cases under which your hits against parts aren't shown:

1. If they destroyed the target part (that message is more important and shown instead in your normal log).

2. If you already destroyed the target with a previous shot in the same volley, subsequent hit values are still shown as a "hit" because you pass the accuracy test, but there's no target there to actually hit.

(those dictionary things are generally case-sensitive, heh)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon