Grid Sage Forums

• April 26, 2024, 01:10:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Where to Get Info on Cogmind  (Read 16408 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Where to Get Info on Cogmind
« on: May 18, 2015, 04:00:22 AM »

There are numerous sources of information about Cogmind and releases, so I've collected them here to explain what you may find at each.

Primary
  • Website: The main portal for general information about the game. The FAQ there also answers a lot of common questions, including both a roadmap and a list of ways you can help at the bottom.
  • Roadmap: The FAQ contains a visual roadmap that indicates what features are probably coming up soon. It doesn't contain all the little day-to-day stuff, instead focusing on the bigger picture.
  • Twitter: My "official" Twitter account, where I'll occasionally report behind the scenes progress and show off new features in advance. Releases are also announced there.
  • Announcements Board: New releases and major news will be announced via new posts on this board. Activate board e-mail notifications if you'd like to know about those when they're posted.
  • Steam: Pretty much all news and updates are mirrored to Steam as well.
  • Discord: I hang out on this chat server where we have Cogmind-related channels and lots of experienced players available for daily discussion.
  • Unofficial Wiki: If you don't mind spoiling your game, there's a player-maintained wiki (currently somewhat old).
  • Cog-Minder: Aoemica has built an amazing site full of tools and its own Cogmind wiki, which is updated frequently based on the latest game data, and includes full lists of basically everything such as parts, robots, and even a combat simulator.
  • Dev blog: I don't post general updates here, but the blog might of interest to anyone looking for more in-depth articles about a range of development topics.
  • Newsletter: Sign up for the newsletter to be notified via email whenever there is a major release.
Secondary
There are a number of other communities where I post information about Cogmind. If you're already a member you may find them a convenient way to stay up to date and/or meet other players outside this forum:
Other
  • Trailer: Our alpha trailer is a quick and entertaining overview of the game in general, for when you want to introduce the game to someone else ;D
Note that from within the game you can activate the "News/Updates" option, which simply asks www.gridsagegames.com for the latest version number of Cogmind on startup, and the little '?' in the bottom right corner will light up if there is a newer version available.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 08:14:26 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Draco18s

• Cyborg
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
Re: Where to Get Info on Cogmind
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 05:05:38 PM »

Sweet, a wiki. I'd been wondering where that was.