Grid Sage Forums

• April 26, 2024, 02:34:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: New Game+ Mode Win!  (Read 4391 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
New Game+ Mode Win!
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:43:16 PM »

Continuing on the back of , a win, I where everything gets harder, and still managed to pull off another win! It was definitely tougher, and I wasn't too confident on entering the last floor, but things worked out in the end...

I felt like I was purging a lot more than my first run, but it turns out I only purged 6 times compared to last time's 5. This is good because less purging usually means other elements of my tactics and strategy were working out :P

There were lots of heat issues, though, pretty much the biggest problem of my run. I almost never had cooling, or at most just one heat sink, and had to make due.

I didn't start doing any screenshots until the second-to-last floor, Beta D. Here you can see my build starting to go downhill. For a while I was just relying on spears, which are great, but still not all that versatile and result in taking more core damage than necessary.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I left Beta D after only finding one slot expander because I was worried that attrition would take me down before winning, and I could save up some integrity to run for it in the last floor if I had to. Before entering Beta S I did, however, get hold of two Tesla Bombs, and these really carried for a while. Here's the entrance to Beta S:

Of course they couldn't last forever, and I lost them right before encountering a ton of enemies, too xD. Fortunately Imp. Gauss Cannons are awesome.
(there were about 3-4 more bots that weren't in this shot)

Those plus EM weapons (Proton/HERF) were the main carriers through the end. And I'd also accrued some great targeting: +55% chance to hit with this stuff! Time to fight the boss!

Uberbot took out my only heat sink which was making it possible to fight him, but there happened to be another right next to me so I let him shoot me for a bit so I could pick it up, then blasted him :D

Once on the other side I mostly hovered around 600 core integrity while I located the exit.

Beta Test Complete!

Spoiler: Score: 64,560 (click to show/hide)

I guess now I'll have to stream NG++ another time!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Joshua

• Sigix
  • Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Re: New Game+ Mode Win!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 05:25:29 AM »

The scoresheet section with your final stats has "Cogmind" as the heading. :)  Gamma Test Holding Area is a nice touch, though.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: New Game+ Mode Win!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:14:00 AM »

Hahaha, nice catch. Just one of the things I didn't have time to get to! Scoresheet was very last-minute stuff... I'll have to adjust that in a later update so it makes sense xD

To the Gamma Test! (yeah there isn't really any lore, but it was fun to at least imply a few things indirectly in various places where I could, that being one of them)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon