Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 08:30:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Map generation for storage put in a weapon cache without a door.  (Read 545 times)

Jazzer

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Map generation for storage put in a weapon cache without a door.
« on: February 09, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »

Unless this is a feature of storage, there was a weapon cache with a door/terminal that was generated without a door/path to access it. I discovered it by hacking Layout(Zone) and checked for a hidden entrance with Access(Emergency) on a nearby terminal. Both hacks were successful, but there was no apparent path to the walled off area.

Fortunately I had explosives with me  ;D

This was Beta 5 with the seed SuspensionCoilMagmablaster on level -9/Storage, right near the entrance point.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Map generation for storage put in a weapon cache without a door.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 04:53:31 PM »

Hehe that's okay. There are some known oddities in the map generation which might in rare cases do strange things, but I've left them in to give the maps a little more unexpected "personality" one can imagine might reflect glitches in 0b10 planning routines or other unknown circumstances. They won't affect the overall playability of a map and there will always be ways to reach exits (since that much is guaranteed).

It would seem what happened here was that a special cache was placed and a door made into an adjacent hallway on the east side, but then they later added another special cache right next to it, closing off the other cache in the process when they filled in the main hallway! :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon