Grid Sage Forums

• April 26, 2024, 04:40:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Weekly Seed #110 [Beta 5] [Seed: HeavyAbyssalCannon]  (Read 3176 times)

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Weekly Seed #110 [Beta 5] [Seed: HeavyAbyssalCannon]
« on: January 24, 2018, 01:29:31 AM »

This week's seed: HeavyAbyssalCannon

The Weekly Seed is open to anyone, and we encourage you to share your experiences, stories, and tactics over the course of your run.

The rules are as follows:
  • The Weekly Seed begins from the date this thread is posted and lasts about seven days.
  • Make sure you are running the correct version of Cogmind (see thread subject).
  • Enter the seed and abort your current game to initiate the seed (more details are below).
  • Verify you are not running the tutorial and that the screenshots below match your game.
  • Play through the game once. This is a friendly event and we are all honest people.
  • When finished, post your scoresheet here (it should be the newest file in /scores) and any other screenshots/stories/strategies you wish to share with the community.
  • If you want to share details about the seed or your approach, make sure you use spoiler tags.
  • Due to the spoilerific nature of this thread, be sure to avoid reading details about the seed if you haven't completed your run.
  • As Cogmind now has multiple difficulty modes and challenges which will affect the world generation, by default it is assumed everyone is playing on regular difficulty with no challenges enabled. You are free to use whichever settings you wish, but if you intend on discussing it, be sure to specify what difficulty/challenges you're using!

Good luck and have fun!

HOW TO ENTER A SEED

Press F1 to go to the MENU, select OPTIONS, select Seed, and enter this week's seed:

Select GAME, select ABORT:

If you have followed the steps [Manual seed applied: HeavyAbyssalCannon] should display in the log window.

Congratulations on entering the seed, now get in there!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Weekly Seed #110 [Beta 5] [Seed: HeavyAbyssalCannon]
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 05:04:41 AM »

Did a double take... Is this our first fake seed? :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 06:53:50 AM »

Select GAME, select ABORT

No more GAME tab now! :D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 06:58:08 AM »

Hehe, copy-paste copy-paste... Even the screenshots are from the old default font that was replaced over a year ago :P

(not to diss the Keeper of the Seed, just always thought it was funny :D)

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »

Did a double take... Is this our first fake seed? :P

:D

I'm gonna start naming the seeds after items I want to exist in the game.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 05:36:32 PM »

I like this idea :). The random names are fun, but also kind of a wasted opportunity to use only words that do exist considering the seed is currently manual.

zxc

• Cogmind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 04:17:54 AM »

'The random names are fun, but also kind of a wasted opportunity to use only words that do exist considering the seed is currently manual.'

I actually can't decipher what you're saying here.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 04:21:50 AM »

Sorry, maybe with a lot more words it'll be more obvious:

"The random seed names in the game are fun to read and think about, but using them here on the forums is also kind of a wasted opportunity considering the seed threads are created manually by you and you can use whatever words you want."

zxc

• Cogmind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 04:32:53 AM »

Right, like I was doing before. I'm not sure what the best solution is.

Maybe it should be WeeklySeed110, WeeklySeed111 etc :P

Maybe the game can generate a weekly seed automagically for all of us, ingame, and it ensures that you can only enter the weekly seed once.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 04:45:42 AM »

Oh sure that's a future goal that's been on the list, it's just still too early for it on my end.

nuzcraft

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 07:39:00 AM »

Hey everybody! I've been working on this seed for a few weeks and it DID NOT DISSAPOINT!

Since Beta 5 is the 'Zionic Revolution', I decided to shoot for Z to try out the new mechanics. The first couple levels went swell, I even had fun in the mines on both sublevels 9 and 10. Fortunately, a derelict log found me the location of Z, sublevel 7. Soon enough, I was there, and in pretty good shape too.

Spoiler: Z-Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ZDC-Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Factory-Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Heading for research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A swift demise (click to show/hide)

In the end, this run was really really fun. I got to see new areas, use new items, and generally learn a bunch more about this amazing game! Looking forward to the next one!

Spoiler: Score: 24105 (click to show/hide)

http://www.gridsagegames.com/cogmind/scores/180124/180124/nuzcraft-180224-214302-0-24105.txt

This run, like all my others, will be uploaded to my Youtube Channel, though not for a few weeks. I try to get Cogmind content up M, W, F.
I occasionally stream on Twitch, stop by if you see me on.

PSA: At this point, I'm getting good enough (or lucky enough) that my runs take a considerable amount of time compared to the past. I've got quite a backlog on youtube videos, so this one won't be up for quite a while.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:03:06 AM by nuzcraft »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 06:24:26 PM »

That's quite an awesome run, nuzcraft! Fun seeing another player getting into even more interesting parts of the game, like GUs and Q, though you didn't really get to "see" as much of the latter. Definitely want to be prepared for that place.

But not many people get to play with GUs as early as you have, actually. In fact, I've still never even used one :P

True though that once you get as good as you have, each run will take longer and produce quite a few videos because you don't die nearly as fast!