Cogmind > Strategies

Theorycrafting for specific items

<< < (2/2)

Happylisk:
I had a gun slinging run yesterday that found a QC on -2 and decided to switch tactics.  I turned it on, plugged in a particle charger, turned a HERF cannon and, and switched to a Nova cannon when fighting programmers.  Those aren't even the best cannons, as zxc alluded to, and I was killing most enemies before they could fight back.  I didn't even find heat to be a problem, my problem was draining energy too fast.  I think a build dedicated around the QC needs either 3 power sources, or at least a good energy well or power amplifier.  The QC is an amazing item. 

I hadn't planned on going QC that run so I had 5 gun slots that became basically useless.  It made me want to try a build where you never go bast 2 weapon slots, focus on cannons, and have all the extra support slots to support the QC (or perhaps even hybrid hacking).  Anyone have experience with a non-melee combat build that never upgraded weapons slots? 

Kyzrati:

--- Quote from: Happylisk on November 06, 2017, 06:28:22 AM ---Anyone have experience with a non-melee combat build that never upgraded weapons slots? 

--- End quote ---
That sounds like the hover combat meta which has been fairly popular :)

Happylisk:
I never use anything besides treads.  I guess it's time to change that!

Joshua:
Thanks for the helpful replies, everyone. I think (despite reading the manual) I had a misunderstanding of the time cost for firing weapons. It definitely makes a lot more sense now.

Tempting to go for a high accuracy cannon run now and see if a few targeting processors will mitigate the downside of cannons blowing holes in walls. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version