Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 12:48:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Storm Laser--Awesome or Lemon?  (Read 1468 times)

Qydra

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Storm Laser--Awesome or Lemon?
« on: July 01, 2016, 02:06:40 AM »

I've been exploring the Lower Caves in what is so far a personal record for survival.  I got to the Derelict City, where I talked to some robots.  Then I found a guy who offered me his Prototype Energy Gun, which he calls the "Storm Laser".  I can't find any record of this weapon on the wiki, and this thing is HUGE--4 weapon slots.  If I take it, I'll have to take 2 Weapons on my next evolution.  I don't want to screw myself over, but I'd love to gather info for the wiki.

So, two questions:

A) Has anyone else found and tried out the Storm Laser?  Is it worth?

B) What do you think...should I take a chance FOR SCIENCE?

Pictures attached.

Happylisk

• Sigix
  • 2nd place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 2nd place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Laser--Awesome or Lemon?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 06:29:50 AM »

Somewhere in between leaning towards awesome.  It takes up 4 slots and is very energy hungry (which isn't a huge deal since you're only firing one guy), and it'll one or two everything in factory.  The downside is it can't be repaired, and by taking up 4 slots it's going to be taking a lot of hits.  To maximize your time with it, I would pair it with weapon shielding.

It might not be the most efficient weapon, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.