Grid Sage Forums

• April 28, 2024, 12:16:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: biomatter Inspired Stealth Run  (Read 3737 times)

Baltazar

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
biomatter Inspired Stealth Run
« on: May 22, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »

After reading biomatter's post I thought I'd give it a try too!

I made it to -1 but couldn't find a way out of there (I was terrible at hacking if that was the solution I was supposed to be looking for). Only weapon I ever equipped (I think) was a Lgt. Assault Rifle right at the beginning of the game - I only fired 5 shots the entire game, apparently. I think most of the robuts that died were from friendly fire as I was dodging behind them and maybe a couple that I ran into trying to flee before I managed to acquire my flight units.

Included are a couple pics. Me near the beginning of -1 sporting what was pretty much the mods I ran with for most of the run (as I could find them, anyway). And then there's a couple of me right near the end of my run... the difference is drastic ^^.

Top speed was 13 when I could spare the energy/heat to turn on my fourth flight unit. No one could keep up with me!

Interesting playstyle, biomatter. Thanks for the idea!

~Balt~

brevous

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Re: biomatter Inspired Stealth Run
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 05:23:32 PM »

Really cool. Thanks for sharing. It really inspires me to continue trying stealth builds which almost completely eliminate the use of guns.

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 06:05:26 PM »

It's actually pretty helpful to take a gun along at all times. At the end of the level, if nothing is hounding your ass, just start taking apart everything that comes into sight for the matter. Eyes are especially useful - they can drop hover mods, visual enhancers, scanners, and scan interpreters. Stock up on spare parts if you can afford it, power cores, you name it. Then just leave the instant you see a threat (e.g. Programmers).

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the flattery, haha. You did good son. Non-combat is definitely the easiest way to get to -1.

Baltazar

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »

I had a weapon in my inventory it just never needed to be equipped, honestly. I never dropped below 100 matter and my mods (until that last part of -1) weren't ever really destroyed. Any time I'd find an upgrade I'd just replace my old parts and keep moving. Kind of hard to stock up on much of anything with only four inventory slots. I would have brought a storage unit along for the ride, but for the most part I was riding the line of becoming overburdened pretty closely. In the end, all I really bothered with was keeping a spare reactor or two and some spare flight units in case I needed a quick replacement.

biomatter

• Cyborg
  • Bug Hunter Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Weekly Seed Participant Wiki Contributor Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
  • crying in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 06:22:40 PM »

Heh, I was mostly suggesting it because I didn't see any sensor arrays or interpreters on you. Check out this god-tier set-up I just lost though :S

https://i.imgur.com/8FvBHEw.png

Baltazar

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 01:30:06 AM »

That is a pretty sweet setup! I tried some sensor arrays for awhile, but I didn't really see much use in them when I could fly so dang fast. I think for my next bruiser setup I'll focus on some so I can pick my fights a bit better, but every time I found a group of robuts with my flier I could either just turn around lose them around some corners or fly over them and disappear.

I think the next time I will go stealth + hacking specialty. I haven't done much hacking at all.

~Balt~