Grid Sage Forums

• April 29, 2024, 08:12:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Weekly Seed #31 [Alpha 6] [Seed: Scrapyard Politics]  (Read 2565 times)

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Weekly Seed #31 [Alpha 6] [Seed: Scrapyard Politics]
« on: March 09, 2016, 08:59:33 PM »

This week's seed: Scrapyard Politics

Tread softly and carry a large missile launcher...

The Weekly Seed is open to anyone, and we encourage you to to share your experiences, stories, and tactics over the course of your run.

The rules are as follows:
  • The Weekly Seed begins from the date this thread is posted and lasts about seven days.
  • Make sure you are running the correct version of Cogmind (see thread subject).
  • Enter the seed and abort your current game to initiate the seed (more details are below).
  • Verify you are not running the tutorial and that the screenshot below of the Level -10 entry matches your seed
  • Play through the game once. This is a friendly event and we are all honest people.
  • When finished, post your scoresheet here (it should be the newest file in /scores) and any other screenshots/stories/strategies you wish to share with the community.
  • If you want to share details about the seed or your approach, make sure you use spoiler tags.
  • Due to the spoilerific nature of this thread, be sure to avoid reading details about the seed if you haven't completed your run.

Good luck and have fun!

HOW TO ENTER A SEED

Press F1 to go to the MENU, select OPTIONS, select Seed, and enter this week's seed:

Select GAME, select ABORT:

If you have followed the steps [Manual seed applied: Scrapyard Politics] should display in the log window.

Congratulations on entering the seed, now get in there!

kumo

• Unaware
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Seed #31 [Alpha 6] [Seed: Scrapyard Politics]
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 11:24:40 AM »

5024. Much better than last time and I hope not just because I avoided the garrisons. I wasn't sure what my goal was in this run; I had various sensors, and various weapons, but I was slow most of the time, and I think lucky that not many hostiles tried to chase after me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Decker

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Combat Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 08:06:43 PM »

Propulsion challenge again. I made it to research and I died to a typo. Swapped out my signal interpreter instead of my scanner. Oops.

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »

Propulsion challenge again. I made it to research and I died to a typo. Swapped out my signal interpreter instead of my scanner. Oops.

Decker doesn't count anything but wins ;)

I'm going stream and record again!  Maybe we can "Recycle" some of the candidates.

Twitch
Youtube Playlist (as episodes become available)

I'll usually play in the evenings as time permits (~9:00 - 10:00 p.m. CST), but I won't have a fixed schedule.

Stream Notifications

Episode 1 - Already aired.
Episode 2 - Already aired.
Episode 3 - Will not be streamed.
Episode 4 - Will not be streamed.

Ep2 Teaser:

Ep4 Teaser:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:13:08 AM by Shobalk »

Shobalk

• Derelict
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 10:08:51 PM »

Researched™, again.

Enno

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 06:32:09 AM »

first i just want to ask if it's possible to post the scrapyard-preview-picture again in future weekly-seeds ?
like we had it in the past i think three seeds before. it is better in my opinion because the weekly-seed-challenger can immediately check if he/she/it is right. i additional controll with pictures in weekly-seeds too especially if the weekly-seed-name has y's and z's.

"Tread softly and carry a large missile launcher..." at the end i found no treads so changed to legs.
and on my legs i tried to found the access to research -2 but i never found. what i found was a little  room
i used to cover for a big shoot-out...i never came out of this room because more and more enemies
came...cogmind finished them and more arrived. finally cogmind successfull made an suicide in -3.

Spoiler: Pre-Researched™ (click to show/hide)

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 06:38:20 PM »

first i just want to ask if it's possible to post the scrapyard-preview-picture again in future weekly-seeds ?
like we had it in the past i think three seeds before. it is better in my opinion because the weekly-seed-challenger can immediately check if he/she/it is right. i additional controll with pictures in weekly-seeds too especially if the weekly-seed-name has y's and z's.

Sure thing! I wasn't sure how often people made use of it.