Cogmind > Strategies

To Evolve or to Explore?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ozymandias79:
In the scrapyard I often destroy a few of the collectors and excavators to get some extra parts extra storage can be helpful. quick evolutions Utility+Propulsion, Utility+Weapons. So hard to resist the urge for destruction when you get serious fire power. I usually die in a hail of bullets knee deep in enemy robots. 

Morlock:
Hi. New player (~5-6 runs) and first post. Do we have a choice as to when evolutions happen? Otherwise, what are the conditions for them to happen?

DDarkray:
Welcome Morlock! I hope you're having fun so far.  :)

--- Quote from: Morlock on January 12, 2017, 01:09:39 PM ---what are the conditions for them to happen?

--- End quote ---

You've probably noticed that when you enter the stairs, sometimes you'll get to evolve immediately, and at other times, you don't get to evolve. When you do evolve, you've climbed to the next floor into the next main area. If you don't, welcome to the branch. Although you're entering an area within the same floor and don't get to evolve yet, you may see some cool stuff there.  8)

To see whether you're in the main area or branch, press the backspace button to open up the world map. Branch areas always go sideways from the last room you visited.

--- Quote from: Morlock on January 12, 2017, 01:09:39 PM ---Do we have a choice as to when evolutions happen?

--- End quote ---

You don't get to choose which stairs lead to what place (next floor's main area, yes you'll evolve; if branch, no you won't). When you hover your mouse over the stairs, you may see question marks which means it's unknown to you. However, there are various ways to identify them, and when you do, you'll see the actual location name instead.

Morlock:
Thanks. I had the feeling it was something like that but I didn't know exactly what it was.

What are some of the ways to identify stairs? I guess there is Access(Main/Branch) and some device combinations?

DDarkray:
There aren't a lot of ways to identify them. Using signal interpreter is probably the most reliable way to do that. Watchers carry that around, so you need a good way to kill it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version