Cogmind > Support

Borked save / Replicable crash

(1/2) > >>

Sere:
I seem to have run afoul of something, and the game crashes on any action taken. Context: RPGLike mode, just exited Zirov and loaded into prox caves, 0 turns taken, seemingly any action taken (eg movement/firing/altering items) crashes+vaporizes the application. Other UI elements fine.

Hopefully I've attached the right file, cheers and thanks in advance!

Kyzrati:
Hi Sere, thanks for letting me know and I'll take a look at it now.

Kyzrati:
Ah yeah this was reported earlier this year, it's a bug specific to RPGLIKE (since that is an old event that doesn't/can't get fully tested before releases anymore) due to new content added in Beta 12. I fixed it for Beta 13, but for now there's no normal way to avoid crashing if you happen to get that particular event in the caves under that mode.

What I've done is get you past the first turn where the crash happens, so you can take this save and drop it in to continue your run!

Sere:
Quick reply, much appreciated, thank you!

Oh, and which event was it, if I may ask?

Kyzrati:
Well.... the RPGLIKE event, I mean :P

That and other special modes are basically built as one-time things that were autoactivated and everyone played it for a time, with its own leaderboards etc, but you can still play them after the fact (by request--not everyone has the time/opportunity to play them when they happen). I can't maintain them all, though, so this does mean that some event modes can eventually encounter bugs, like this one you've hit.

I do sometimes add new content to Player 2, and update that one, since it's really cool and meshes especially well with even new content.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version