Cogmind > Support

Game encounters an error and can't start

(1/1)

Jay123:
When the game is loading in red letter it says Encountered a fatal error and must close (see crash.log for details) press any key to exit

This happened after my computer crashed and I restarted I tried verifying the local files, uninstalling the game but it didn't work.

Kyzrati:
HI Jay123, yeah this one isn't a bug with Cogmind, but the known issue where your meta data has become corrupted and unreadable due to some external cause (Steam cloud use can also cause this), but fortunately Cogmind keeps backups so you can restore it.

It's specifically user/meta.bin file in the Cogmind directory, which holds all your player history data, and you can replace it with a backup found from a previous day in Cogmind's /bak/ directory to restore the state on that day. (Alternatively, simply deleting the file will allow the game to restart and create a new one from scratch, but then you lose any gallery/lore collection records and some tutorial-related stuff.)

I don't recommend using the contents of bak/221212, since from the log it looks like it copied the corrupted version into there before crashing :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version